Does any one have a front cover yet?

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
yank dini

Does any one have a front cover yet?

Post by yank dini »

Just came back from the dealership getting an oil change and trying to buy a front cover. The dealer told me that these are difficult to get. Does anyone have one yet???
Frosty

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (Salsa! (aka Waiting4Vibe))

Post by Frosty »

Unbef***inglievable You mean to tell me that after I wait all the time for my car there is a likelyhood that the dealer won't have all my accessories! That never occurred to me Maybe I'll have it all together by Christmas
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Frosty

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (Salsa! (aka Waiting4Vibe))

Post by Frosty »

Thanks Salsa-man. I feel better now. Guiness time t-3 hours. I'll be much better soon
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
yank dini

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (Frosty)

Post by yank dini »

He is supposed to call me back regarding the availbilty but he hasn't yet. Not to serious about getting it yet because they want me to pay up front. ( I hate giving money away if I don't have something to show for it) So I guess I can wait too. (AHH GUINESS DRAUGHT)
masonjl

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (yank dini)

Post by masonjl »

you talking like a bra type thing or a bug shield???i have the bug shield and headlight covers on mine.... got them in two days (aftermarket)
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!
yank dini

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (masonjl)

Post by yank dini »

BRA and what is so funny about this is that everyone calls this particular item a different name everytime. (front cover, mask, bra etc. etc.) Even the guy at the dealer got it wrong LOL
[Modified by yank dini, 8:31 PM 8/16/2002]
SCTM

Post by SCTM »

How about a 3M paint protection film, instead.Stick one on my old Axxess many years ago and paint still in good shape. I'm afraid about "bra" to scratch the paint. Sand, mud or anything else could infiltrate beneath the "bra" and just "sandblast" our lovely Vive, not much but just enough to cry !!! That's why I choose for clear vinyl film (yellowing-proof as they said 3M.com) And if there is any problem you can peel that off and place another one Anyone else tried the 3M film yet?
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (SCTM)

Post by NSimkins »

I only plan on buying a BRA () for my Vibe for long trips on the highway. All of my past paint chips on my other vehicles on the front-end were from highway driving during longer trips.. and that was being very careful on who I followed and the distances... can't win them all.
[Modified by NSimkins, 9:29 PM 8/24/2002]
Pump233ca

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (masonjl)

Post by Pump233ca »

You have a deflector..I was told they weren`t even being produced yet?
masonjl

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (Pump233ca)

Post by masonjl »

go to your local aftermarket dealer or driverfx.com and the bugflector is by auto ventvisor
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!
tumbleweed

Post by tumbleweed »

Yes I bought one for my wifes neptune, moon & tunes, awd vibe, it took one week for the local pontiac dealer to get it. The installation instructions suck but it is actually fairly easy to install except for the snaps that are attached to existing screws under the front fenders. It fits very well.
Jethro

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (tumbleweed)

Post by Jethro »

Anybody have pictures they can post of the cover installed? Would like to see some good pictures before I throw down the cash!Also, will it fit with the front license plate installed? The car I just replaced had chips all over the hood but not a mark on the front bumper - apparently the plastic bumpers give just enough so the paint doesn't chip. I'd really like to see pictures of just the hood cover installed too for that reason.NSimkins, Did you get one yet for your monotone Frosty? I'm guessing that black BRA will look real good contrasting with that bright white!
[Modified by Jethro, 10:38 PM 12/5/2002]
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (Jethro)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:NSimkins, Did you get one yet for your monotone Frosty? I'm guessing that black BRA will look real good contrasting with that bright white!No, and that was one of my reasons. I guess I will see how things go this winter and if the need arises, I will probably buy at least just the hood cover and not the full front end cover.
Vibe Rater

Re: Does any one have a front cover yet? (SCTM)

Post by Vibe Rater »

quote:How about a 3M paint protection film, instead.Stick one on my old Axxess many years ago and paint still in good shape. I'm afraid about "bra" to scratch the paint. Sand, mud or anything else could infiltrate beneath the "bra" and just "sandblast" our lovely Vive, not much but just enough to cry !!! That's why I choose for clear vinyl film (yellowing-proof as they said 3M.com) And if there is any problem you can peel that off and place another one Anyone else tried the 3M film yet?I put one on my Nissan Truck about 5 years ago. I tried to take it off this summer, and it would not come off. I'll probably have to grind it off (so much for saving the paint job). It will stop bug marks but it is useless against rocks that are thrown up. My hood has little dents on the front of it from years of highway driving. The film doesn't help with that at all. I thought it was a great idea at the time I bought it, but I am disappointed. And now it I can't get it off!
viBert

Post by viBert »

quote:Anybody have pictures they can post of the cover installed? Would like to see some good pictures before I throw down the cash!I have just the hood piece.I will take a picture and post it.
Base 2 tone Salsa, auto, power pack Mississauga, Ontario, Canada I'd rather be sailing but the Vibe makes me a happy landlubber.
rubberman

Post by rubberman »

gm does i think there goodwrench site has a pic of the bra
Car&Bike Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355922/1New Kumho712(summer225/50/16)195/65/15 Dunlops(winter)03 Vibe 49,000kms gone!!!!!New Battery/window rubber pass doorTwo seats fixed(coming apart at the seams)Transmission?,Tires that sound like mudders on a truck(Contis) 18,000kms done/noisey A/C Compreser/poor paintRadio(no am)2 days old ,door speaker replaced
viBert

Post by viBert »

quote:Anybody have pictures they can post of the cover installed? Would like to see some good pictures before I throw down the cash!Here is a picture of it http://nicksimkins.com/vibe/people/vibe ... dcover.jpg [Modified by viBert, 12:35 PM 12/7/2002]
Base 2 tone Salsa, auto, power pack Mississauga, Ontario, Canada I'd rather be sailing but the Vibe makes me a happy landlubber.