clear tailights

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
georgedombeck

clear tailights

Post by georgedombeck »

Hey guys, will newer clear taillights swap onto an 05?
Doug14

Re: clear tailights

Post by Doug14 »

Not directly, likely would have to do some modification to body/light. It might be an easier task to take a 2003-2008 matrix light assembly but I do not know how the body/ bolts looks on them.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

georgedombeck wrote:Hey guys, will newer clear taillights swap onto an 05?
I'll assume you mean "newer" as in those from a 2009-10 Vibe? Definitely .. NO. I think someone made one of those clear type years ago for the first generation Vibes but you'd have to do a search. Personally I wish the first gen Vibe's tail lights fit the second gen because I'm not a fan of clear lens lights.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

tpollauf wrote:
I'll assume you mean "newer" as in those from a 2009-10 Vibe? Definitely .. NO. I think someone made one of those clear type years ago for the first generation Vibes but you'd have to do a search. Personally I wish the first gen Vibe's tail lights fit the second gen because I'm not a fan of clear lens lights.

That and I don't like that the lamps are HUGE on the second gens.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

When my local dealer first got a 2009 Vibe, the first thing I thought was, "Oh my God! Those taillights are HUGE!" I have since grown used to them and actually really like the looks (and size) of them now :P.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage