Seat belt latch

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
09inMI

Seat belt latch

Post by 09inMI »

I need to replace the front driver's side seat belt latch (part that bolts to the floor) in an '09 Vibe. The current one has a piece of coat zipper down inside under the button, making it difficult to un-buckle...was a million to one shot. The parts diagrams I've seen so far don't show this part for some reason. Any idea where I might find a part number?

Thanks!
tpollauf

Re: Seat belt latch

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Give me a day or so and I'll look up in the factory service manuals to see if there is a part number for what you need. You should be able to get that part out of a junked Vibe by now (they're starting to show up in junkyards every day now) and it is not a popular part so you should get it cheap. Tell us more about your Vibe and post some pics if possible. Also location?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
09inMI

Re: Seat belt latch

Post by 09inMI »

Thanks for your reply. This is for my parents' vehicle, I don't have much info other than it being an '09 AWD. I'm sure I'll learn more as I dig in to repair/replace the belt latch.

Also plan on replacing a broken volume knob at the same time. From what I've read that's a pretty common issue, and have printed out another thread from this site on the procedure. The knobs seem to be an easy item to find online as well.

Thanks again.