Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
micheles_bad_vibe

Post by micheles_bad_vibe »

Last edited by micheles_bad_vibe on Wed May 09, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragingfish

Re: honda element (micheles_bad_vibe)

Post by ragingfish »

Unfortunately, I've seen a few.Almost blinded by the horrid sight.They're even UGLIER in person!!!!!!!!!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Jahntassa

Re: honda element (ragingfish)

Post by Jahntassa »

I've seen more Elements than i've seen Vibes..I'll tell you..the Element was the other car I test drove (just for fun).The thing was a blasted Tank.A few things I liked:- The way they engineered the back seats was pretty cool...fold up and to the side, or be removed.- I liked the hatchback- The Aux In included on the EX model- Definitely a lot of spaceWhat I hated:- The shifter...way too annoying.- The dashboard was HUGE.- The space when you looked back..was HUGE. You felt like there was no room in front of you..and a mile of empty space behind.- I almost rolled it taking a small corner- No mats, no comfort- The thing..is huge. And ugly.And it sounds like every other freakin' honda!
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
Vibe Rater

Re: honda element (Jahntassa)

Post by Vibe Rater »

I almost bought a Honda Element. I bought a chocolate bar instead.
kaybeejay

Re: honda element (Vibe Rater)

Post by kaybeejay »

Does anyone else think that the front of the Element looks like "odd Job" from the James Bond movies?
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
lordyogi

Re: honda element (kaybeejay)

Post by lordyogi »

i would never get one based on the fact that if the car gets hit from the side you are screwed, there is no vertical metal between the passenger and driver door to absorb impact. you get hit broadside you are dead, and passengers arent gonna be feeling happy about it either. suicide doors are sweet lookin because they swing from the front back but in a collision they are just that on your car suicide.same goes for the RX-8.yogi
MagnaFlow ExhaustAEM CAI Windows Tinted 35% up front 20% rest17" Quantum Tek S-16 wheels w/ Dayton Daytona ZR performance rubber.Wish list:Eibach Lowering SpringsHotchkiss Sway BarsStrut Tower BarJL Audio Vibe GT Systembest time: 15.564@90.64dyno run : 162.1 wheel hptranslates to approx: 192 flywheel hp
fire_502

Re: honda element (lordyogi)

Post by fire_502 »

quote:i would never get one based on the fact that if the car gets hit from the side you are screwed, there is no vertical metal between the passenger and driver door to absorb impact. you get hit broadside you are dead, and passengers arent gonna be feeling happy about it either. suicide doors are sweet lookin because they swing from the front back but in a collision they are just that on your car suicide.same goes for the RX-8.Finally, someone else is thinking of the safety aspect. I'm sure it doesn't help because it's off the Honda website http://www.hondacars.com/models/safety. ... me=Element : "But once you close the reinforced side cargo doors, strong vertical beams are formed as the Element's reinforced frame, side sills and roof come together. What you're left with is a unique, but seriously tough passenger compartment. Inside, more conventional safety features such as dual-stage front airbags (SRS) and 3-point seat belts help keep everyone safe and secure. With all this, the Element is expected to attain the highest rank for front- and side-impact protection in upcoming tests."Key word: expectedIt looks like it also has thorax bags for the front passengers and occupant size and position sensing as well.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I see them at least one a day. Odd how ugly they are, yet I'm strangely attracted to them.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
micheles_bad_vibe

Re: honda element (Sputnik)

Post by micheles_bad_vibe »

Last edited by micheles_bad_vibe on Wed May 09, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fire_502

Post by fire_502 »

I see a few here and there. They look like toasters to me.
AKLGT

Re: honda element (lordyogi)

Post by AKLGT »

The suicide doors seem nice at first until later on when you realize what a pain in the a$$ they are to get in and out of. My Tundra was an access cab and both the drivers and passenger side had suicide doors. when I first saw the Element advertised, I immediately ruled it out due to the POS doors.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
fire_502

Re: honda element (silverawd26)

Post by fire_502 »

The Saturn ION Coupe (with the suicide doors) is WAY outselling the Sedan. Of course I think they are both hideous, but the Coupe is the lesser of two evils.
LocDog

Re: honda element (silverawd26)

Post by LocDog »

Hmm someone should make a poll for which is worst... the element or the (removed)-tek
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
ColonelPanic

Re: honda element

Post by ColonelPanic »

Sadly, these things are FAR outselling Vibes around here... There's a good possibility I may see a couple every day, with not a Vibe in sight...*sigh*Drove past a Honda dealership the other day and the entire front row was nothing but these mini-bread truck looking things... At least 15 or so! And the Pontiac dealers are lucky to have half a dozen Vibe's sitting on the lot...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
EddieandtheVIBE

Re: honda element (ColonelPanic)

Post by EddieandtheVIBE »

Here also in northern NJ. I am seeing many HE's. Also, the honda dealership had at least a dozen.....the toyota dealership had several matrices.....and the pontiac dealership had 2 vibes....the same ones have been sitting there for almost a month.
Eddie & the Vibe ABYSS AWD, Moon & Tunes, Power Pak, Side Airbags. Motoring on I-80 every day
billabong_star

Re: honda element (Eddie&theVIBE)

Post by billabong_star »

Toasters and Mini-Bread trucks, (removed)!!! I always thought they looked like they had been constructed by legos!
Toasted7

Re: honda element (billabong_star)

Post by Toasted7 »

Everytime I see one of those things I listen for some Ice Cream tuck chimes. I have yet to hear it, but I still listen anyway.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
ragingfish

Re: honda element (Toasted7)

Post by ragingfish »

I always look for Gumby and Pokey in the front seat -- looks like their kinda ride...LOL!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
geezer

Post by geezer »

I've seen one -- and it was worse than I thought it would be. Still not Asstek ugly but damned ugly none-the-less.
XRS 6-speed, Cosmic Blue, 17's, AEM Short Ram, Hidden Hitch