Roof Rack Straps?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
LeCo

Roof Rack Straps?

Post by LeCo »

So, we decided on the Vibe over the Matrix because we liked the way it looked better and because it had a roof rack. Well, we now discover that bungie cords don't fit under the roof rack. Any ideas on straps to use in place of bungies? Does GM make something specific?Thanks!
ebslopp

Re: Roof Rack Straps? (LeCo)

Post by ebslopp »

I'm not aware of any GM bungees fot the Vibe. Are you trying to hook the bungees to the crossbars or to the rails? There must be something you can use to tie things down with. I'm sure somebody will have an idea for you to try.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2004 Base - TwoTone Neptune - 5 speed There are 10 types of people in life. There are those who understand binary and those who do not.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

They give you fabric straps in the car to use to tie down a tire if you ever have a flat and put the spare on...You can use those under the crossbars to hold down small things, or you can buy at Target they have much longer ones for big things that ratchet down to tighten...The other possibility is I've seen people who get secondary racks that attach to the crossbars that are basket-like so that it holds items better, and allows tethering on all 4 sides.Hi from across the river, btw, i'm in philly every week!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ycart1201

Post by ycart1201 »

i have a bungi cargo cover for my tundra. it is elastic/bungy material with hooks on each corner and a couple in the middle on each side. i got it at GI Joe's (sporting goods store in the NW)... for about $20. that might work. google gi joe's and i bet you'll find it. Nathanycart1201
Click on the sig to shop for custom Vibe/Matrix decals & Parts on my website
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Try these -they work great for me: http://www.windance.com/defaul..._TD20
2004 Base -Neptune two toneAuto, ABS, Power packageMoon & Tunes premium sound system16" Alum. Wheels
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

we use some good 'outdoor' (climbing?) rope and knowledge of a proper slip knot!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!