Made MY own CAI Pictures inside

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
roadrunner-r

Made MY own CAI Pictures inside

Post by roadrunner-r »

I used the top part of the stock intake box and it consits of 3' pipe.Sounds great,deep and it stands up to its bark.http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288722363
Custom 3" CAI intakeBorla Exhaust,removed resonatorCustom ground kit Custom Ported ThrottlebodyOem 17" wheelsNAVagationComing soon Unorthodox underdrive and sportline springsIn that works (shortbelt mod) bypassing the the powerstering and A/C
AKLGT

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (roadrunner-r)

Post by AKLGT »

so does that use the stock air filter or do you have an a/m one?
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
roadrunner-r

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (trdvibe)

Post by roadrunner-r »

No, i have a K&N cone air fliter at the end of the pipe just like a AEM/injen/TRD cai. MY INTAKE doesnt hit the the fog light nor does it have a CEL light. HEHE
Custom 3" CAI intakeBorla Exhaust,removed resonatorCustom ground kit Custom Ported ThrottlebodyOem 17" wheelsNAVagationComing soon Unorthodox underdrive and sportline springsIn that works (shortbelt mod) bypassing the the powerstering and A/C
philndz

Post by philndz »

did you buy the piping pre-jointed or did you weld those joints....nice job by the way!
2003 Shadow Vibe Base 5spd - 53,000 MilesFlowmaster 60 series exhaust - Short Ram Intake SystemKonig Kaliber 17x7 Rims w/ 225-45-17 Kumho Ecsta 711's - Hotchkis Springs - Progress Rear anti-sway Bar My Vibe is FOR SALE: $8900
Hot Vibe

Post by Hot Vibe »

Should not have told the forum what you did to your wonderful vehicle.Out there right now there is a hot water tank without its vapor exhaust.
Just here to lend a hand to people who have questions about their Vibe.
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Looks pretty wicked, nice job!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

drunkenmaxx

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (ArcsVibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i dunno, looks kind of ghetto...
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Flip-Side

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (drunkenvibe)

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:i dunno, looks kind of ghetto...Ghetto rigging is the way to go. Like my cardboard box ground effects on my old Saturn. The CAI actually looks quite functional. Bonus points for originality.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (Flip-Side)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

that's good if it functions properly, i am just saying, i can guarantee some laughs if you pop the hood and show it off. i myself don't give a crap what my engine looks like, noone ever sees it, so i don't wash it.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
roadrunner-r

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (philndz)

Post by roadrunner-r »

No, it comes in peices i clamped everything. It might not look like a AEM. Too me i have the same performance and sound of one. Its better to look stock and kick some (removed). Iam telling you guys you should try it you wont be disappointed! That dont have a CAI
Raven

Post by Raven »

Wow! I was thinking of ways to do the same thing last night before falling asleep. I was thinking of some kind of fireproof flexible hose. Hey if it works, who cares what it looks like eh!
dmitri

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (Sunny)

Post by dmitri »

kinda hard to get the MAF sensor at the right angle tho.good job man.
dmitri

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (dmitri)

Post by dmitri »

anyway, who would laugh? a honda civic DX owner with a wing, body kit, and fart pipe?
Roadpig

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (dmitri)

Post by Roadpig »

Not too bad....maybe I can rig up something like this for my 04 GT
2004 Vibe GT, Neptune Two ToneGraphite Interior, Moon & TunesPower Package, 17" Rims, Exhaust Tip Mods Tinted (50% front window, 35% back & rear)Cosmo Alpha Omega 3 Child Seat & Booster SeatCustom Cargo Mat, DebadgedMagnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Injen CAI
LocDog

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (Roadpig)

Post by LocDog »

any chance u can post some more pics?.... too lazy to sign up...BTW isnt the tube suppose to go the other way?
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
savedbyzero

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (LocDog)

Post by savedbyzero »

Aren't you throwing CEL's with this?! I believe I read your post over at matrixowners.com about this!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
roadrunner-r

Re: Made MY own CAI Pictures inside (savedbyzero)

Post by roadrunner-r »

Nope i never said that,you need to re read it!