Does anyone else do this?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jeff_j1701

Does anyone else do this?

Post by jeff_j1701 »

When I park my Vibe in a parking lot, I try to park next to another Vibe.

Bonus...when I park next to a Vibe of the same colour as mine. :D

My wife thought I was nuts for doing this, but I've noticed other Vibes parking next to mine as well. lol

We went to a beach about a month or so ago and I parked my car in the parking lot. When we returned, there was another Vibe parked next to mine...allthough the parking lot was about 3/4 empty.
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km
GSlink86

Re: Does anyone else do this?

Post by GSlink86 »

I have most definitely done that! I love finding another stock 03 to park next to. I enjoy seeing and showing the difference between stock and mine. lol
dinopiratedavid

Post by dinopiratedavid »

I do try to do that too yes. I especially did that though when I owned my rx7 and would even sit and wait for the owner to come out sometimes to ask them about theirs lol
jazzvibe

Post by jazzvibe »

Yes! Check out the thread in the Lounge titled "Random Acts of Vibe Love," they do what you do and take a photo of it and post it on the thread. It is fun to read and see their little tete-a-tetes.
My Recently Deceased Vibe
Murdered By A Dodge Charger 11-23-16!
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

No I don't. It matters not to me to try and keep the extinct Pontiac family together.

When I do parking lots I look for easy in / easy out and avoid the "tight in" busy areas. This most often means a bit of walking to which my family often moans and groans! I rarely take or seek the "rock star" parking pots. I chuckle at those who sit and wait for a close spot to empty, thus I am most often parked farther away and inside the store before the car waiting for that perfect spot even parks!
I usually select a spot that I can pull into and pull straight through the first spot into the second so that when I leave it is simply a matter of pulling forwards, no backing out.

Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
vybr8d

Post by vybr8d »

I do it whenever I can; You know what they say.......birds of a feather should flock together.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I too would park next to another Vibe if there is room. Even though I rarely drive mine I would still park WHATEVER I happen to be driving. I'm always curious as to features/options on any other Vibe out there. Also if I happen to see the owner I then converse with them on their good taste in automobiles :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

djkeev wrote: When I do parking lots I look for easy in / easy out and avoid the "tight in" busy areas. This most often means a bit of walking to which my family often moans and groans! I rarely take or seek the "rock star" parking pots. I chuckle at those who sit and wait for a close spot to empty, thus I am most often parked farther away and inside the store before the car waiting for that perfect spot even parks!
Ditto, but I drop the family off at the door and then park far away in a protected place. It has really limited the door dings on all my cars.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I don't drive around specifically looking for a Vibe to park next to, but if I happen to see one, I will most definitely park next to it so I can add a picture or two to the "Vibe Love" thread that jazzvibe mentioned :D.

My mom and I both try to park in end spots, this way you only have a car parked on one side of you which cuts down on door dings by 50% and typically in end spots you can park further over to the opposite side away from the car that is parked next to you. If there aren't any end spots available, we will park further out in the parking lot.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Yep, Carrie (j_to_envy) started her thread on this phenomenon a little while back. It's kinda fun to park next to a vibe and come back to see one or two more!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To tell the truth, I don't see that happen with other car makes.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

jeff_j1701 wrote:When I park my Vibe in a parking lot, I try to park next to another Vibe.

Bonus...when I park next to a Vibe of the same colour as mine. :D

My wife thought I was nuts for doing this, but I've noticed other Vibes parking next to mine as well. lol

We went to a beach about a month or so ago and I parked my car in the parking lot. When we returned, there was another Vibe parked next to mine...allthough the parking lot was about 3/4 empty.

Bet it was someone from this forum. Check out the posting of "Vibe acts of love" or something like that. Would be funny if you saw someone post a picture of that day. :lol:
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.