Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
liquidsteel

Re: Cabin Air Filter Replacement (matrixjim)

Post by liquidsteel »

Blower motors for less than $40!!! Holy crap! I spent hundreds on mine. Thanks for the link.
alex_nrv

Re: (alex_nrv)

Post by alex_nrv »

The "FRAM FreshBreeze" cabin air filters are NOW AVAILABLE in Quebec. I don't know about the rest of Canada (maybe they were available before Quebec, I don't know).So for those around me, I saw them at CANADIAN TIRE.They arrived some weeks ago.There's also a 3$ discount mail-in coupon available good until Dec. 31st.http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST...fr_CA
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

I never got a chance to change mine on my own. When I took my car in to have the computer looked at, the guy took the liberty of swapping it out. I wanted to have it done but I figured it would be something I could do on my own to save money. In the end, he only charged about $20 for parts and labor on that so I'm not too bothered. He also managed to fix my engine code and rough starting problems, which was even better news. The cost of that was not pretty but it runs much nicer!I didn't notice any changes in how the air smelled but I don't have any records of when it was last changed. I wouldn't be surprised if it were pretty nasty because the car had 140,000+ miles on it. For all I know, however, it may have been relatively clean and he just wanted to add some additional profit to the bill. I'd like to think otherwise because my family goes to him frequently with good results, but you never know. I'm not losing any sleep over it, though.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
Kelpie

Re: Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Post by Kelpie »

Made mine out of a high efficiency furnace filter. 6 bucks and I have extra filter material to make one for my truck.