Possible fuel pump noise

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
shali1

Possible fuel pump noise

Post by shali1 »

When lifting my foot off the throttle after coasting, my car makes a noise almost like a pidgeon cooing coming from the fuel pump area. putting the foot on the throttle then off duplicates the noise . This happens intermitently. Has anyone encountered this.
ragingfish

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (shali1)

Post by ragingfish »

Nope, no pigeons in this guy's vibe...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
dmitri

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (silverawd26)

Post by dmitri »

do you have a manual or auto?
shali1

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (silverawd26)

Post by shali1 »

I have a base vibe automatic
LocDog

Post by LocDog »

a couple days ago i noticed a sound comin for the engine when i accelerate to drive away after just starting the car. its like a squeeking, reminds me of a car with old worn belts.... You think its the belts?
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
joatmon

Re: Possible fuel pump noise

Post by joatmon »

In a Vibe, the fuel pump is in the gas tank, accessible under the rear seat.
damronjr

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (joatmon)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »In a Vibe, the fuel pump is in the gas tank, accessible under the rear seat.Holy dead thread, Batman! JOAT, do you know how to get to it from under the seat? I assume I just have to remove the lower bolts under the rear seat and pull it up. Then what do I expect? Any help would be awesome as this may be a/the source of my dead Vibe problem right now.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Mase

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (damronjr)

Post by Mase »

Remove the bolts holding the front of the seats down. Then get something to prop them up otherwise you'll get pissed at how hard they fight back.The pump is under the tin cover dead center between the seats. The cover is usually just taped or puttied down.If you need more room, you'll have to completely remove the rear seats. To access all the bolts, you'll have to first completely remove all of the cargo floor area.
damronjr

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (Mase)

Post by damronjr »

Thanks again, Mase!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
kadie233

Post by kadie233 »

Quote, originally posted by shali1 »When lifting my foot off the throttle after coasting, my car makes a noise almost like a pidgeon cooing coming from the fuel pump area. putting the foot on the throttle then off duplicates the noise . This happens intermitently. Has anyone encountered this. I have also experienced the pigeon noise. It happens to me nearly every time I drive my car. I have taken my car in three times and they were not able to replicate the noise and they would not ride in the car with me. Sometimes my car also makes this loud whining noise like a seal is barking - it is so loud it frightens pedestrians. Was anybody able to determine the cause of the pigeon noises? Is it the fuel pump? My warranty has expired and I have run out of patience with this car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
tcam

Re: Possible fuel pump noise (kadie233)

Post by tcam »

Is this pigeon noise like a brief "pop" kind of? I don't remember what pigeons sound like. lol. cuz if it is, then I have this problem too.