Maximum cargo room? Removable rear seats?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Nocturn

Maximum cargo room? Removable rear seats?

Post by Nocturn »

This is my first post so forgive me if I am posting a covered topic.I'm currently driving a base model PT cruiser, and well I hate it. I like the 05 Vibe, but am afriad that it won't be able to haul as much as I can take the rear seats of the cruiser out. As it stands this is a neccesity because I am needing to haul around ALOT of band equipment, we managed to fill the cruiser to the brim and still needed a second car. Will the 05 Vibe be able to fit as much with the seats down as the cruiser with the seats out? Also, can I remove the rear seats without much hassle? I'v done it on my 1979 Firebird, (its just two bolts) and I don't mind having to do a little creative handywork to get some extra room.
ColonelPanic

Re: Maximum cargo room? Removable rear seats? (Nocturn)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya! Anything you need to know about the Vibe, we'll do our best to help you out. The bottom cushions for the rear seat are super easy to take out, just unbolt and lift out. Haven't tried the seatback though... That may be a different story. Not sure about the Vibe vs. PT comparison, but we do have one member here that owns one of each - maybe he can chime in.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
DaddyVibeMI

Re: Maximum cargo room? Removable rear seats? (ColonelPanic)

Post by DaddyVibeMI »

I agree with ColonelPanic.Here is picture how much room in Vibe.As far as my knowledge that PT have more head room in rear than Vibe. That only differents between PT and Vibe I know. Why not you try go to your near Pontiac dealership and check it out before you purchase.I hope this help you out little....
Car Domain.com ~ DaddyVibeMI
Kari

Post by Kari »

Also, in the Vibe, you have the ability to fold down the passenger seat as well, thus giving yourself a little more extra room. Welcome to GVC!
GenVibe Global Moderator
Mase

Post by Mase »

The rear seats and cargo area flooring is a little cumbersome to remove. It takes me a bout 45mins to take everything out and maybe an hour to put it all back in. The rear seats are held in with umm...10 bolts, i believe. Some of those are on L brackets. The cargo area floor compartments are held in with 6 bolts.Removing everything frees up about 8-12 inches of vertical space though.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Welcome to the Encyclopedia of Vibe!Quote from chrysler.com --> http://www.chrysler.com/pt_cru....htmlQuote »If you appreciate having all kinds of places to put your things, you'll be impressed with PT Cruiser. It boasts a full 21 cubic feet of cargo room with all the seats in place, or 64.2 cubic feet with the rear seat removed. It's perfect for running errands around town, packing for an extended road trip, or even hauling the lumber for your next home-improvement project.Quote from pontiac.com --> http://www.pontiac.com/specs/s...ash=NVIBE Quote »CAPACITIESCargo volume, 2nd row seats up, cubic feet 19.3Cargo volume, 2nd row seats down, cubic feet 54.1So from the specs, it appears that the PT has 10 more cubic feet WITH the rear seats REMOVED than the Vibe does WITH the rear seats IN PLACE.Of course, Cubic Feet alone does not indicate whether the space is usable... If the rear doors and/or the rear hatch aren't tall enough or wide enough to accomodate the object(s) you're trying to load, your still out of luck.I purchased a 27" TV and had to remove the top of the cardboard shipping box to get it into the Vibe. The box was about 1" too tall for the rear hatch.If you're going for maximum cargo capacity for the band, look at a (used) minivan or cargo van... Or MAYBE you need to recruit another band member/roadie who owns just such a vehicle LOL

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Nocturn

Re: Maximum cargo room? Removable rear seats? (kostby)

Post by Nocturn »

Well the problem won't be heigth, just overall volume as I have alot of equipment to fit in. With the cruiser the seats don't fold completley flat like they appearntly do in the Vibe, they still pop up a bit which makes it neccesary to remove them for bigger items. So that may not be as bad as I'm imagining.
Pick

Post by Pick »

and as was mentioned the passenger seat back folds down flat giving you even more room.
Eric05 Vibe
BruiserVibe

Post by BruiserVibe »

I bought my Vibe so I could haul my drums around. So far I've taken them out for one audition, and was able to fit most of my kit in easily. Of course, I should add that I don't have cases for my drums, so I wasn't stacking anything. If I had cases I could definitely fit my whole kit in there (which is rather massive btw). I could see you able to fit two or three PA speakers, a mixer board, Mic stands (probably even under the folded down seats on the floor), ect. in the Vibe.
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

Maybe you should invest in a pickup truck or even a van?Just a thought...
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
Flip-Side

Re: (Jaycie685)

Post by Flip-Side »

I must agree with Jaycie. A good friend of mine in a local band had to buy a van after his nissan truck died. Its just much easier than wrestling stuff into a smaller vehicle, and you can still get decent gas mileage with a mini-van. I understand if you want to stick with a car or wagon though. In that case, you should get the Dodge Magnum...mmmmm.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Unlike the dinky PT cruisers Vibes have alot of room. all the seats fold sown giving alot of room.
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

you can fit A LOT into the vibe! why not take all your stuff to the dealership, and see if it all fits first? i doubt they'd have any issues with it since you're wanting to BUY one IF your equipment fits inside.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
rebbierae

Post by rebbierae »

I say ask MI Vibe Tool Guy--he owns a Vibe and a Cruiser...if anyone would know, it would be him!
djpositivek

Re: (rebbierae)

Post by djpositivek »

Anyone notice this thread is 5 months old ? Chances are the person bought another vehicle already.
Abyss 2005 FWD 5 speedDe-badged
rebbierae

Re: (djpositivek)

Post by rebbierae »

Oh. Oops. Well, we can't help it for just trying to be helpful!
Flip-Side

Re: (djpositivek)

Post by Flip-Side »

Quote, originally posted by djpositivek »Anyone notice this thread is 5 months old ? Chances are the person bought another vehicle already.Doh! Didn't even notice that. Stupid brain! No more oxygen for you!
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
djpositivek

Re: (Flip-Side)

Post by djpositivek »

It's Jaycie's fault for bring the thread back to life ! Oh well it may answer someone else's questions so it's all good.
Abyss 2005 FWD 5 speedDe-badged
vibe-anator

Post by vibe-anator »

anyone have a pic of what the floor is shaped like with the rear seat taken out?I curious to see if theres ANY space at all under the rear seat. I have seen in other vehicles where they make the rear seat lift up and they have a little storage space for some tools, jumper cables, flashlight, map books, etc.It may not be possibel in a vibe, but I was just wondering if there is space under the seat cushion and if so if some type of "hinge" set-up might be possible??Any gained space in the vibe would be awsome!
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

there's NOTHING there. trust me. been there.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)