Things You Ponder Over

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Post Reply
User avatar
ou.grizzly
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Things You Ponder Over

Post by ou.grizzly » Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 am

While channel surfing around 3am in the morning, I came across the last few minutes of the movie "Last of the Mohicans" which promptly remided me the tv show 4077 MASH, as the one character was named "Hawk Eye." Nickname given to him by his father as that was the character in the book and the only book his father ever owned. To complete the loop, Hawk Eye left the book to Col. Sherman Potter in his will, as Potter was like a father to him.

In some ways, I am one of the last Mohicans... Even though there is no nobility left.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi

User avatar
knightrace
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by knightrace » Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 pm

I like this thread topic. However, sorry, I don't have anything to add to your thoughts... but something that I always ponder is

It just seems like the auto manufacturers could put the fuel door on the drivers side. Why should I have to walk all the way (you know it's a long walk)around to the passenger side to put fuel in my vehicle? None of my passengers ever put fuel in my vehicle.
Having said this, I do not have a vehicle where the fuel door is on the passenger side, however, it is funny watching people drive around the gas pumps fighting for a pump.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns

User avatar
KITT222
Posts: 2246
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: Flint, Michigan

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by KITT222 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:11 pm

knightrace wrote: It just seems like the auto manufacturers could put the fuel door on the drivers side. Why should I have to walk all the way (you know it's a long walk)around to the passenger side to put fuel in my vehicle? None of my passengers ever put fuel in my vehicle.
Having said this, I do not have a vehicle where the fuel door is on the passenger side, however, it is funny watching people drive around the gas pumps fighting for a pump.
That's why you always keep a katana blade in your car to intimidate them! :twisted:

The only logic I see behind passenger-mounted fuel fillers is in a coupe, where the doors are too long. So to prevent denting on the pumps they move the filler door to the other side of the car. The very first time I pulled into the gas station on my own was kinda funny. Just driving into thee gas station, calm and collective when... Oh crap, which side is the gas door on!?! Small panic attack. I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky. Whenever I can I try to use the same pump. :roll:

But if this is the place for random thoughts, consider this: My friend and I have come up with a way to replace your heart with two water pumps, power it internally, and have external charging ports and solar panels. Some of the ideas we come up with are borderline mad-science. This one really is!

User avatar
vibenvy
Posts: 7114
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:38 am
Location: Sandwich, IL

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by vibenvy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:57 pm

KITT222 wrote:I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky.
I just noticed the arrow above the gas pump icon next to the fuel gauge not too long ago :oops:.

Image
Image
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage

User avatar
ou.grizzly
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by ou.grizzly » Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Added to the list is the complexity of a choice or decision made and in turn, how the event unfolds. And on the flip of a coin, not going through with it can bring up the "what if" factor....

Life is funny...

Positive thinking is a matter of perspective and how one is able to cope with obstacles in life... Having a healthy outlook and coping mechanisms along with social support, be it friends or family goes a long way.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi

User avatar
joatmon
Posts: 9226
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:19 am
Location: SMC MD

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by joatmon » Tue May 15, 2012 5:12 am

I often ponder zionzr2's questions

Old Tele man
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:15 am

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by Old Tele man » Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 am

...I treat "pondering" as mental dice-throwing -- statistically you lose, but occassionally you WIN!
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A

jake75
Posts: 4792
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:33 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by jake75 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:41 pm

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
KITT222 wrote:I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky.
I just noticed the arrow above the gas pump icon next to the fuel gauge not too long ago :oops:.

Image
Here I thought that was just a flag.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."

User avatar
vibenvy
Posts: 7114
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:38 am
Location: Sandwich, IL

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by vibenvy » Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm

jake75 wrote:Here I thought that was just a flag.
LOL :P!
Image
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage

WilfredPierce
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:17 am

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by WilfredPierce » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 am

KITT222 wrote:
knightrace wrote: It just seems like the auto manufacturers could put the fuel door on the drivers side. Why should I have to walk all the way (you know it's a long walk)around to the passenger side to put fuel in my vehicle? None of my passengers ever put fuel in my vehicle.
Having said this, I do not have a vehicle where the fuel door is on the passenger side, however, it is funny watching people drive around the gas pumps fighting for a pump.

That's why you always keep a katana blade in your car to intimidate them! :twisted:

The only logic I see behind passenger-mounted fuel fillers is in a coupe, where the doors are too long. So to prevent denting on the pumps they move the filler door to the other side of the car. The very first time I pulled into the gas station on my own was kinda funny. Just driving into thee gas station, calm and collective when... Oh (removed), which side is the gas door on!?! Small panic attack. I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky. Whenever I can I try to use the same pump. :roll:

But if this is the place for random thoughts, consider this: My friend and I have come up with a way to replace your heart with two water pumps, power it internally, and have external charging ports and
solar kits. Some of the ideas we come up with are borderline mad-science. This one really is!
Nice information.. Hello I like your idea about replacing heart with two water pumps.. Completely mad thought:)
Last edited by WilfredPierce on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lannvouivre
Posts: 1601
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm
Location: Texas yay

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by lannvouivre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 pm

"Hmm, I really need to trim Alice's bottom/leg fur so she quits getting poo and wet cat little stuck in it."

"Windows 8 seems to have been developed for visually-oriented idiots, yet I am so stupid I constantly get lost in it!"
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit

Post Reply
cron