comparment under shift stick

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
salamander162

comparment under shift stick

Post by salamander162 »

Hello everybody?
i own a 04 vibe gt and little by little i'm fixing some issues but the compartment under the shift stick keep opening, i does not keep closed at all, is there are any missing part/s?

thanks for any help on this matter
joatmon

Re: comparment under shift stick

Post by joatmon »

I found three threads about this:

viewtopic.php?t=28793 Front storage door below shifter will not stay closed.

viewtopic.php?t=9617 Loose storage tub under the shifter.

these first two reference another thread, as "http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=777" but that's from before the forum software changed, so that zerothread link doesn't work, but thanks to the internet archive wayback machine, I was able to identify it as the third promised thread:

viewtopic.php?t=560 Storage compartments rinky-dink closures: SOLVED!

hope they help. That third one was from member NovaResource, who hasn't been here for a really long time, but when he was here he was an invaluable source of info and insight.

My problem with that compartment was that when I pressed the release button, it wouldn't drop open, so I had to hook a thumbnail in the seam on the side when pressing the button and then pull it open.
salamander162

Re: comparment under shift stick

Post by salamander162 »

thank you very much, i feel dumb that it was that easy to solve the problem , :oops: