03 vibe sound system question/discussion

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
chromelampshade

03 vibe sound system question/discussion

Post by chromelampshade »

hello, brand new user here, 03 vibe awd base trim
working on a sound system (nothing competition, i just love music, and playing it loud :P)
currently i have a 10"woofer in the rear, 800w amplifier, and 5 3/4 coaxial door speakers (i plan on replacing with 6.5 soon)

anyways main topic, I am doing a tweeter replacement with a 1in 80w tweeter w crossover.
i've removed tweeter cover, and tweeter mount. the main question is, where should i mount the new tweeter? its a flush mount tweeter so i figure if i get a new tweeter cover (seen here https://www.ebay.com/itm/133884053365?h ... SwqylhSvaR) would it be OK to flush mount to the cover, instead of using the mount? (new tweeter is not compatible with it)

Those who have done tweeter replacements i'd love to see how others installed theirs.

once this system is "complete" i'd hope to have 6 channel stereo + 6 tweeters & 6 mids
chromelampshade

Re: 03 vibe sound system question/discussion

is it possible to add speakers to kick panel? is there enough space behind it to fit a woofer? i have not removed it entirely yet.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

So you don't feel like you've been completely ignored - I don't know.

I haven't tried to put in aftermarket speakers into any of my three Vibe/Matrix. (two vibe, one matrix).

However, there should be a good amount of information in the archives from 07-11, when there was a lot of heavy modding going on.
chromelampshade

thanks for the reply

yeah im in abit of a pickle with this one. ill just do the do and whatever fails ill use that as experience :lol:
i guess with this vibe im going for an audio build considering thats the only decent "modification" i could make.
basically ill use this thread and just go over what i experience so if anyone else ever comes across this could maybe benefit from this thread.

once im finished with the aftermarket midrange speakers, ill begin to attempt to fab holes and mounting brackets etc,, i'd like to install additional speakers to the kick panel, and the rear hatch area. wont be easy to do but it'll keep me busy :P
chromelampshade

just to update, the 1in dome tweeters have been replaced from factory.
i had to remove factory tweeter bracket, purchase a flush tweeter cover (i think they're from the matrix) drilled a 2in hole and flush mounted the tweeter to the plastic cover. i then wired the tweeter using the existing harness & clip. crossover installed as well.
chromelampshade

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (47.89 KiB) Viewed 34 times