Ernesto...

Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, North & South Carolina
VforVIBE

Ernesto...

Post by VforVIBE »

He's headed right over my house, and the poor Vibe's stuck outside. Right now it's very dark and rainy (hopefully we don't get any hail). Not again...
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

can you tie some blankets on it? :S hope nothing bad happens to ya
joholste

Re: (northvibe)

Post by joholste »

yeah what he said and good luck with it
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
VforVIBE

Re: (joholste)

Post by VforVIBE »

Well, me and the rest of Florida got together and we decided.........................
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
2006_Salsa

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by 2006_Salsa »

"ROTFLMAO"
joholste

Re: (2006_Salsa)

Post by joholste »

that's classic
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Sux for GA, AL, MS, LA!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
crazytrain

Post by crazytrain »

Last advisory (5PM, 08/27) has Ernesto making landfall in the Sarasota area, but that will most likely change. Living in South Florida I've become accustomed to keeping on top of the advisories. The predictions for Ernesto started with a path from Louisiana to the Florida panhandle. Every advisory since then has moved it east and south. There's still alot of time and the path can go anywhere in the cone. Everyone in FL or in the Gulf states should be keeping a close eye on this. Here's a link to the National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
2006 Stealth Vibe <-- Current
2010 Subaru Forester <-- Wife's Current
I miss my 1992 Saturn SC2 - drove it for 12 years
VforVIBE

Re: (crazytrain)

Post by VforVIBE »

Now, he's heading more east, with any luck (lots of luck) he'll go even further east and miss us completely...
sloth

Post by sloth »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Well, me and the rest of Florida got together and we decided...[/img]Why would you want to screw up the high plains/west by putting Florida there?
VforVIBE

Re: (sloth)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by sloth »Why would you want to screw up the high plains/west by putting Florida there?Because the rest of the country needs an IQ boost.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hey with florida we'd get sandy beaches! maybe some coconuts with those palm trees
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Ernesto decided that I needed one less tree in my yard, a towering tulip poplar, he thought it would look better in/on my garage. I can deal with the damage to the structure, such is life, but that tree impact flung off a branch over the house that smashed the windshield in the Vibe. Also popped the glass out of the driver's side rmirror. Doesn't look like any other damge worth mentioning though. Guess I was lucky, if I had parked the car in the garage, I'd be an ex-viber tonight.Might post a pic whenever I get power/broadband back but for now dial up suxWill be Tuesday before I get the windshield replaced. Tomorrow I'll be spending a lot of time driving my Stihl Edit 9/4 - Looks like the mirror mount is actually broken, just a little, but enough. Here is the windshield and dialup still sux. Best I can get today 26.4

Attached files
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (joatmon)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Wowsers! Sorry to hear about your damage. Whodathunk that Ernesto would have impacted Maryland?
joholste

Post by joholste »

wow no way dude that sucks....ernesto hit us pretty hard with wind and rain yesterday and last night
crazytrain

Post by crazytrain »

Yeah, sorry to hear about the damage caused by Ernesto. I feel your pain.
2006 Stealth Vibe <-- Current
2010 Subaru Forester <-- Wife's Current
I miss my 1992 Saturn SC2 - drove it for 12 years
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Finally got the new windshield today, I missed my car. I had a wiper incident a year or two ago which left an arc etched into the glass on the passenger side, and also a large star from a stone, so now I have a nice clean unbroken windshield, so some good has come of all of this. Attached is a pic of the tree on the garage before wee started cutting. Had to get creative at one point to support the thing fron underneath so that when we cut the load bearing branches off the roof of the house the whole thing didn't plow all the way through the broken garage roof. The tree was a little over 2 foot diameter, I'm estimating about 80 feet tallStihl makes excellent chainsaws

Attached files
joholste

Post by joholste »

STIHL makes excellent quality chainsaws their the only ones that i have ever used. never had one break on me.