Motor mount failed in about an hour?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
butlerjonas

Motor mount failed in about an hour?

Post by butlerjonas » Mon May 31, 2021 7:27 pm

My 2009 Vibe GT (2.4l 2az-fe engine) had been vibrating at idle since I've owned it. I finally replaced the last of four mounts (top passenger side torque mount) and started her up. The car was glass-smooth through all RPMs... for about an hour. Over the course of about four days, it had gradually reverted back to vibrating just like it was-no better or worse. I wish I had a picture of the new mount, but it looks just like the old one now. The rubber cylinder was firm and concave when new, but now it's protruding like a bubble just like the old one. It's especially disappointing since I got a brief taste of a smooth running car for the first time in the ten months I've owned it. The mount is OEM Toyota. It seems unlikely I just got a dud, but I can't imagine why it would work so well for such a short amount of time. Any ideas why this would happen? I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
09 Vibe GT

cptnsolo77

Re: Motor mount failed in about an hour?

Post by cptnsolo77 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:15 pm

I feel your pain. I had the same issue when I replaced my mounts. Silky smooth at first BETTER than new. Then the rough idle returned after a month. I was so dead set I had a bad mount somewhere, I replaced them all a second time and no change :lol: They are all OEM mounts. Needless to say I ruled out the mounts. I wish I had an answer for both of us. Im still searching why it idles rough. I cant stand it, and makes me wanna get rid of it :cry: :evil: :roll:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on