Seat difference

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
huckc

Seat difference

Post by huckc »

Are the Vibe's seats the same as the Toyota Matrix's? This goes for the pre and post 2009 redesign I suppose.

I'm considering a Vibe but hate the Matrtix seats.

Thanks in advance!
thebarber

Re: Seat difference

Post by thebarber »

the seats in a base matrix (not xr or xrs) have a shittier cloth fabric on them similar to the corolla

otherwise, i think the seats are the same shape.

my only advice is to go sit in a vibe and see if you hate it
trb

Post by trb »

Slightly different cloth than the Matrix, but for the 2003-2008 cars, the basic seats are the same. Full leather seats were optional on the later 1st gen Vibes. On the 2009-2010 seats are the same, and again the cloth is different than the Matrix, but the Vibe GT has leather on the side bolsters while all the Matrix models have cloth.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
DennisLee

Post by DennisLee »

The only thing I had against the seats in my 2009 was a lack of lumbar support. I found a local auto upholstery shop that was able to insert a lumbar pad in the seat back for $75.

Now, if I was going to have to drive a couple hundred miles or more I'd definitely want to take my wife's 2012 Optima - the seats are deeper (I'm 6' 1"), plus she's got the 6 (or is it 8?) way power seat and the leg room is incredible.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I think the seats in our 2009 GTs are pretty comfy. I know I have put the driver's seat all the way back numerous times while on my break at work and have fallen asleep. Plus, after 3.5 years, the seats don't seem to be wearing out like previous vehicles I've owned and/or driven where you start to get a "crater" in the driver's seat after a while.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I have the all-cloth seats in the base 2009 and like the fabric better than the GT and they seem just fine to my back. Drove to Montana, down to Utah and back to Oregon two summers ago in 2-3 hour stretches, 6 or so hours each driving day, w/no complaints.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

I've actually been finding the seat cushions too short on the front seats....mostly noticeable as a passenger
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Kincaid wrote:I have the all-cloth seats in the base 2009 and like the fabric better than the GT
The GT leather and cloth seats have kind of grown on me, but I'd still prefer to have the all cloth AWD/Base seats.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Scwmcan

Post by Scwmcan »

I don't know if there is any difference but I find my Matrix seats to be very comfortable. I had no fatigue from them on my annual drive out east ( 15 hours straight) and also find them to be more comfortable than the seats in my partener's Mazda 3 ( we are actually both in agreement on this) .
No they are not by any means sport seats, and are softer than many I have had in the past, so they are not for everyone, but they are comfortable to us for LNG distance driving. Of course everyone is shaped different so they will all need to form their own opinions on the comfort of the seats.