09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
ssbrownbear

09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!?

Post by ssbrownbear »

Just purchased a 2009 Vibe and it's a VERY nice ride! I'm a little confused about the cupholder situation in the front cabin. To the driver's right is a little well with a movable plastic piece that I'm assuming is the cupholder. The manual says the plastic piece can be moved - it can't. It fits in one place, but is too small for the next slot it could (should) go into.There really seems to be no cupholder in the front of this vehicle and the door bottled water holder is almost useless for me (big guy here). A couple of other surprises: no interior trunk open button; 2009 Vibe not compatible with latest Onstar features.None of these are dealbreakers, but I'd sure like some place to put my Dunkin Donuts coffee!
NibCrom

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!? (ssbrownbear)

Post by NibCrom »

I'm guessing the OnStar features are lacking because of the Toyota connection.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Toyota connection? Toyota doesn't have anything equivalent to OnStar so not sure why that would pose an issue.Are the cupholders hidden in the center console by a panel or something?As far as interior trunk open button. The Unlock button is what opens the rear door. These cars are considered 5 door hatchbacks. Therefore the hatch is considered a door and you would only need to unlock the doors to unlock the hatch. Inless you were looking for it to pop open like a sedan trunk, which would make you lazy, jk. I am not sure about the 09 Vibe cause I know the 03-08 did not have this, but your hatch glass can open separately I believe. On your key there should be a button for that as well as on the dash.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
BlueCrush

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!? (Whelan)

Post by BlueCrush »

I don't think the hatch glass opens separately on the '09's. It unlocks with either the door controls or the remote. Unless you have manual door locks, then you only option is the key to unlock it.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

What everyone else said applies to the hatch, the glass is fixed and the hatch unlocks with the remote or manually. As far as the cupholder, its a lousy design, but it is adjustable. You should have 2 inserts. One is fixed and one is adjustable (about 1/2" in either direction). If your passenger has the same size drink, one is snug and one is loose, it doesn't seem to line up centered. I attached a pic of what it should look like, it sounds like you might be missing one of the inserts.

Attached files
psiu

Post by psiu »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan » I am not sure about the 09 Vibe cause I know the 03-08 did not have this, but your hatch glass can open separately I believe. On your key there should be a button for that as well as on the dash.On my 03 Vibe the back glass opens independently, with a button on dash and key fob. I think you have that backwards...but you drive a Matrix right? They might be different than the Vibes in that regard.Edit: wth is Pontiacs problem? looking at these pics of the 09, what was wrong with 2 round cup holders!!
ou.grizzly

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!?

Post by ou.grizzly »

2003-2008 Vibe Cup Holders2009 Vibe Cup Holders:The section in the center console are suppose to be removable (front one according to the post above). Now, IF it is are removable, this may be a good thing. Toyota Tacoma 2005 + has a similar design, but it is improved. I am not sure if the divider piece from the Toyota Tacoma would fit in the 2009 Vibe Cup Holder area, but it would be worth a try. The Tacoma's has an adjustable (arms swing it or out) section to accommodate different size beverages and is curved Also, the 2009 Pontiac Vibe has cup holders in the door panels as seen in this picture:
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

the ones on the doors are for bottles, they're not really meant for cups like those from mcdonalds and stuff. i find the "cup holder" a bit awkward to use at times. i usually only get small drinks so they fit fine but last time i got a supersized drink and it was too wide to put in there. had to drive with it between my legs the whole way home =/
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
ou.grizzly

Re: (lowincash)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »the ones on the doors are for bottles, they're not really meant for cups like those from mcdonalds and stuff. i find the "cup holder" a bit awkward to use at times. i usually only get small drinks so they fit fine but last time i got a supersized drink and it was too wide to put in there. had to drive with it between my legs the whole way home =/See if that center piece from a Tacoma works then., in theory 2 could fit in the Vibe's console if there are 3 positions.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/index.htmlThey don't have the Vibe listed, and I haven't seen the interior of the '09s, but they might be an option. Take a lookat the 'other models' page.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by ssbrownbear »JA couple of other surprises: no interior trunk open button; 2009 Vibe not compatible with latest Onstar features.!What OnStar features are missing?
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
lowincash

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!? (jake75)

Post by lowincash »

turn by turn voice guided direction and the car diagnosis thing
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by NibCrom »I'm guessing the OnStar features are lacking because of the Toyota connection.Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Toyota connection? Toyota doesn't have anything equivalent to OnStar so not sure why that would pose an issue.No, he's correct.To support features such as turn by turn, vehicle diagnostics, etc., the car has to be equipped with GMLAN, which the Vibe is not, because of the Toyota powertrain. Without full GMLAN capabilities, Onstar only supports basic features which are not reliant on the vehicle's ability to communicate with all the onboard systems. As long as the Vibe continues to be a joint venture vehicle, don't expect to ever see full onstar feature support.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Whelan

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!? (ragingfish)

Post by Whelan »

Ah, that makes sense, since the trains are Toyota GMLAN is not compatible (compatable?). I may have had that backwards with the glass, but yes I drive a Matrix so my brain gets confused.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ned23

Post by ned23 »

ive been using the adjustable cup holders with no problems.
ssbrownbear

Post by ssbrownbear »

Many thanks to all of you. Seems I'm missing a piece for the cupholder. I'm also still waiting for my dealer to get the pins for the front floor mat.Anybody know of a good source for little nit-picky GM parts like this?Thanks!
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by ssbrownbear »Many thanks to all of you. Seems I'm missing a piece for the cupholder. I'm also still waiting for my dealer to get the pins for the front floor mat.Anybody know of a good source for little nit-picky GM parts like this?Thanks!Those front clips are available at ToyotaHere are some of those adjustable pieces I as talking about that come with the Tacoma on ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories
Vibe2009

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!? (ou.grizzly)

Post by Vibe2009 »

My old 2000 focus had better cup holder than the 09 vibe! Seriously depressing~
Red Hot Metallic 2.4L, 5sp Auto, 17" Chrome Clad wheels, XM
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

the new vibe has the bottle holders in the doors?! oh my ms3 has them and i LOVE them. energy drinks fit perfect in there, along with my little nalgene. :DIf you bought the car new, go to the dealer and request them. they are SUPPOSE to come with it, just make sure the ones on the sales floor or parking lot have them too, then you can be like...SEE they have them...mine?
musicmanmu

Post by musicmanmu »

Hmm...I like the cupholders just fine. What are you guys drinking?
2009 Vibe GT - Navy Blue Metallic

_Brent_

Re: (musicmanmu)

Post by _Brent_ »

I just checked the owner's manual, for some reason 40's don't fit, LOL. These cup holders take some getting use to. I prefer the cupholders from my 03 Vibe.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

my bottle holders in the door fit the silo cans but yeah 40's are a little big. I put my spare water bottles in them then they dont get hit by the sun and warm up!
Caretaker

Re: (musicmanmu)

Post by Caretaker »

Well, I just don't like that I can't fit my box of wine in the cupholders, even with all the center partitions removed. Am I asking too much here??
tribalman

Re: (Caretaker)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Caretaker »Well, I just don't like that I can't fit my box of wine in the cupholders, even with all the center partitions removed. Am I asking too much here?? oO. yes. isn't it illegal to transport liqueur, open or not, up front? in illinois it must be unopened and in an inaccessible area, aka in the trunk.
None. Vibe is gone.
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

Apparently the designers at Pontiac don't drink coffee while they're driving. I stopped at Timmies on the way home from the dealers, got my normal extra large 3 x 3 hit the gas to get back on the road and voila, the cup tipped and I got coffee all over my new car. Grumble. As for the box of wine, just hang it from the rear view mirror and attach a piece of surgical tubing to the spout with a bite tip from a camel back water carrier. I'll post a DIY a little later......YES I'M KIDDING, NO I DON'T CONDONE DRINKING AND DRIVING and I don't believe I actually feel obligated to put that part in. I've had people jump all over me in other forums for less. Some folks just don't know how the ha ha these days.
ParknVibe

Re:

Post by ParknVibe »

I miss the Dodge Daytona's cup holders that slide and unfold out from the center dash. Placing the cups up above the shifter is the ideal place to reach for the cup without taking your eyes off the road. The 2009 cup pockets is good to fit my Stanley tape measure.BTW, I do not drink and drive...that much at all. And do not use a cell phone either.
imspace2

Re: 09 Vibe - Where the H*ll are the cupholders!?!? (lowincash)

Post by imspace2 »

And the ability to lock your car remotely in case you forgot to on a trip.
ned23

Post by ned23 »

you could try one of those beer hats. Put the coffee on your head and drink out of the tubes.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Anyone every try my suggestion? Just curious...
DaveD

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by DaveD »

Roofs too low, for the beer hat thingy, hat rubs on the headliner and hurts like hell when you hit a bump. LOL