Did you get your Recall done on your 2009-10 Vibe? (Poll)

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Hutch7

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (Houston)

Post by Hutch7 »

Just saw a local news story that indicated Toyota has agreed to replace pedals that have had the recall repair done with the other model of pedal. Seems customers have been complaining about the feel of the pedal with the precision engineered steel bar installed. Anyone know if GM is on board with this yet? Not loving the pedal feel of my repaired unit!
Silversn95

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (Hutch7)

Post by Silversn95 »

Quote, originally posted by Hutch7 »Just saw a local news story that indicated Toyota has agreed to replace pedals that have had the recall repair done with the other model of pedal. Seems customers have been complaining about the feel of the pedal with the precision engineered steel bar installed. Anyone know if GM is on board with this yet? Not loving the pedal feel of my repaired unit! You should take it back to the dealership and demand a new pedal assembly. You didn't buy a car with a springy/touchy accel pedal correct? Why would you wait for GM to do something about it? It is going to take many unhappy customers to get them to change their mind. That and potentially learning down the road the shim didn't do anything....
2009 Pontiac Vibe - 1.8L 5-speed 1SB Carbon Gray Metallic with 20% tint
blamster

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (Silversn95)

Post by blamster »

nothing here just text and more text
Last edited by blamster on Tue May 24, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enfield577

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (blamster)

Post by enfield577 »

Did the service manager drive your car? Did he experience the problem for himself? Did you ask the service manager to contact GM? I think it would help if the dealership contacted GM themselves.Just wondering ...
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
blamster

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (enfield577)

Post by blamster »

I Drove the car with the service manager he was my passengerand right before we pulled into the dealership the car accelerated on its own and he noted it and we drove back inside the dealershipand he said that if GM needed anything to cantact him and he would explain it. and he did just that. Very honest person, He kept what he said. GM in the other hand said to me that because he was not driving the car that they cannot do nothing about it.I explained to GM That everyones driving pattern is different than others, and I was able to duplicate it only cause I drive that way.they dont care GM said case closed.
vibenvy

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (blamster)

Post by vibenvy »

So my mom and I ended up deciding to get the pedal recall done after all...We took both Vibes in today (dropped my mom's off first , did errands and took mine in when her's was done). It took them about 4.5 hours to do my mom's, but this was because I also had them do the updated TSB for the harsh downshift and check the alignment of the headlights. The tech had a problem with the software for the TSB and had to call GM. Her Vibe was also the first one they had done the pedal recall on hence why it took them so long. Mine only took about 2 hours because they had the same tech do it and this time he knew exactly what he was doing . Both our Vibes are '09 GTs with the 5-speed automatic. I could tell a difference almost immediately. They accelerate so much smoother now and I feel like I have more control over the pedals (the pedals don't move around as much as they seemed to before). And thanks to the TSB, they no longer have the harsh downshift and when using the cruise control they accelerate so much smoother than before. They also don't lurch forward when the brakes are applied. We loved our Vibes before, but now we love them even more . It's like driving a totally different car.I am very happy with the dealer we went to (Bill Walsh in Ottawa, Illinois). We chose to go further away from home because I DO NOT trust our local dealer (Gjovik in Sandwich, Illinois). I am very happy we went where we did. They were nice as could be and very accomodating. The tech even went to lunch late because he was on the phone with GM trying to get the TSB figured out. They didn't mention (or probably notice for that matter ) our disabled AHLs & DRLs or my tire pressure light being on due to still having the winter wheels on (18s are going back on this weekend!). I had however removed my K&N intake and Silver Stars just to be on the safe side. I didn't want them hassling us about that stuff. When we went to pick mine up they had it parked right out in front of the dealer (for everyone to admire of course JK!) and they pseudo washed both of them as well which was nice since they were both pretty grubby. When we dropped my mom's off this morning, there was a red '09-'10 GT in the parking lot waiting for service as well. Unfortunately we were not able to park where we could get a picture of all three GTs . It had the GM window deflectors which looked pretty good, but than it had chrome trim around the edges of the doors which looked horrible .Oh... and best of all... they didn't even touch the floor mats! As a matter of fact, they put GM Goodwrench paper floor mats down on top of the driver's side mats !!!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

Hey, post if you think the TSB thing helped the downshift at all... I didn't get that done when I was there last time 'cause... I don't know why, lol. But let me/us know if it had any noticeable impact! I may take it back in to do that.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Hutch7

Re: So, Is the 2009/2010 Vibe a Drive-by-Wire (ponta2147)

Post by Hutch7 »

I had my '09 at he dealership today for an oil change and asked about getting my pedal replaced. They had no idea what I was talking about. Asked if they could "undo" the recall which was a no go! I am stuck with the lousy pedal feel of my recall fix accelerator until GM catches up to Toyota on the pedal replacement issue.
gimmegimme

Post by gimmegimme »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Hey, post if you think the TSB thing helped the downshift at all... I didn't get that done when I was there last time 'cause... I don't know why, lol. But let me/us know if it had any noticeable impact! I may take it back in to do that.I had the TSB for the harsh downshift done last summer. It eliminated the downshift problem I had, although it didn't work for others. Sometimes the car would lurch forward several feet before I could react to step on the brakes harder. And it always happened right when I expected the car to come to a stop. I could seriously see that unintended acceleration causing an accident! Mine is an 09 GT with 5-sp auto.
Houston

Post by Houston »

I had both TSBs performed on my Vibe last year. The first one didn't make it either better or worse, it just changed the way the transmission surged. The second TSB improved it quite a bit, but not completely. I was waiting for a third TSB to come out for this, but then Toyota had all these other problems and I suspect this Vibe problem has been put on the back burner.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
kowell

Post by kowell »

Well, there is hope.Just got back from the dealer for the new excessive loosness of the gas pedal following the fix. They took the pedal out, removed the metal piece added, and started everything back from scratch with a new metal piece and recalibrated everything. I'm happy to say that this seems to have fixed the problem and that the pedal now feels exactly like it did before the recall.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
Hutch7

Re: (kowell)

Post by Hutch7 »

I plan on waiting a few months and hopefully getting my pedal replaced with the Denso model.
vibenvy

Re: (Hutch7)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Hey, post if you think the TSB thing helped the downshift at all... I didn't get that done when I was there last time 'cause... I don't know why, lol. But let me/us know if it had any noticeable impact! I may take it back in to do that.Quote, originally posted by gimmegimme »I had the TSB for the harsh downshift done last summer. It eliminated the downshift problem I had, although it didn't work for others. Sometimes the car would lurch forward several feet before I could react to step on the brakes harder. And it always happened right when I expected the car to come to a stop. I could seriously see that unintended acceleration causing an accident! Mine is an 09 GT with 5-sp auto.I agree with gimmegimme. I too had it done once last summer on mine and it did nothing. Than they updated the TSB so I figured since they were both already going in for the pedal recall I might as well give the updated TSB a go on both of them. So far the harsh downshift is completely gone. I am just hoping it doesn't return at some point in the future . Ours also do not lurch forward anymore when the brakes are applied.Quote, originally posted by kowell »Well, there is hope.Just got back from the dealer for the new excessive loosness of the gas pedal following the fix. They took the pedal out, removed the metal piece added, and started everything back from scratch with a new metal piece and recalibrated everything. I'm happy to say that this seems to have fixed the problem and that the pedal now feels exactly like it did before the recall.Glad to hear it !Quote, originally posted by Hutch7 »I plan on waiting a few months and hopefully getting my pedal replaced with the Denso model.Good luck with that. I don't see GM replacing pedals anytime soon. If they do, our Vibes will definitely be going back in to get Denso ones as well. To me the pedals feel a million times better after having the shims installed though so I am not worried about it (not that I was ever worried to begin with).
georgianbayguy

Re: Did you get your Recall done on your 2009-10 Vibe? (JetBlack09VibeGT)

Post by georgianbayguy »

Yes, I got my recall done a few days ago.I'm not really happy with it as the gas pedal now feels really stiff and springy.It's like the dealer connected a garage door spring to it!!I liked the easy feel the pedal had before. Also, I reinstalled my rubber floor mat as it was never sticking before and I doubt that GM will want to replace the carpet in my car once it gets all dirty.I think I should have avoided the recall . Does anyone else feel this way ?
Houston

Re: Did you get your Recall done on your 2009-10 Vibe? (georgianbayguy)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by georgianbayguy »I think I should have avoided the recall . Does anyone else feel this way ? What you say is exactly why I'm holding off on having this recall performed.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Well I went to the dealer today to fix a rattle and didn't really want to get the recall done. They told me I should get it done as they will not be responsible for any problems if I don't get it done. Whatever so I decided to get it done which only took about 15-20 minutes total. I noticed the pedal is somewhat smoother and softer. I mean it doesn't need as much force as before to accelerate. Car seems to accelerate smoothly from a stop and overall too. Maybe I'll just get use to the softer pedal feel. It's not that bad but just wondering if others feel it's softer after getting the recall done?Here's what the invoice says:CUSTOMER DECLINED TO PERFORM CAMPAIGN # 10018ACCELERATOR PEDAL STICKINGCUSTOMER HAS BEEN INFORMED THAT THIS CAMPAIGN IS A SAFETYCONCERN AND MAY RESULT IN HARM OF HIMSELF OR OTHERSCUSTOMERHAS REFUSED TO ALLOW SAFETY RECALL TO BE PERFORMED ON HIS VEHICLECUSTOMER HAS BEEN ADVISEDPRODUCT SAFETYINSTALLED 2.3MM REINFORCEMENT BAR INTO ACCEL PEDAL ASSEMBLYAND MONITORED APP SENSOR DATAAPP SENSOR 1 RELEASED - 15% DEPRESSED - 74%APP SENSOR 2 RELEASED - 31% DEPRESSED - 91%V2204.7I'm guessing they reflashed something?
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
Houston

Re: (lowincash)

Post by Houston »

I decided to go ahead and have the "gas-pedal" work done on my car today just to get it out of the way. Took about half an hour. The pedal is definitely easier to push now - so easy I consider it potentially dangerous. Wish I hadn't had the recall work done. I filed a complaint with NHTSA and suggest everyone who has had this recall work done and are disatisfied with the pedal feel also file one. If enough of us do, perhaps GM will get on the stick and replace the entire pedal assembly as is being done with Matrix owners who complain.http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
lowincash

Re: (Houston)

Post by lowincash »

I'm thinking of going back to the dealer next week and tell them to redo it or something lol The pedal right now is too soft for my liking. When I hit a bump my foot will make the car accelerate a bit =/
kowell

Post by kowell »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »I'm thinking of going back to the dealer next week and tell them to redo it or something lol The pedal right now is too soft for my liking. When I hit a bump my foot will make the car accelerate a bit =/Had the same problem. I had the dealer redo everything and it's better. Not optimal but better.
gimmegimme

Post by gimmegimme »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »I'm thinking of going back to the dealer next week and tell them to redo it or something lol The pedal right now is too soft for my liking. When I hit a bump my foot will make the car accelerate a bit =/I had mine done earlier this week with my oil change. My pedal feels a lot lighter than before. Kind of reminds me of when my car was brand new. I figure I'll get used to it. Seems to be a huge "dead space" at the top of the pedal travel (never noticed if it was there before or not)... about an inch or so, where nothing happens.As for getting them to re-do it, if they followed the correct procedure, it should turn out exactly the same, shouldn't it? If it turns out different, you have to wonder... was it wrong the first time, or wrong the second time?
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I had that "dead space" on my pedal before the recall... unlike my husband's g6, where it accelerated smoothly, you kind of had to learn a special way to "finesse" the vibe otherwise it liked to jump forward from a stop in an awkward way.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
lowincash

Re: (gimmegimme)

Post by lowincash »

Yeah I noticed that dead space too especially when driving on the fwy lol Seems to be more sensitive when driving around the city but the dead space is really noticeable on fwy =/ I like how smooth the car accelerate now but I still like how the pedal feels before the recall was done. I might try to ask them to replace the whole pedal like they are doing w/ toyota. Wish me luck lol
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

hmm today the car seems to be driving better than yesterday. I don't know what it is but everything seems fine =/ The pedal is still soft but not as bad as yesterday. Maybe I'm just getting used to it? lol
gimmegimme

Post by gimmegimme »

Mine seems much better too. I must be getting used to it faster than I expected. Couple more days and I probably won't even remember how it used to feel.
Hutch7

Post by Hutch7 »

I just filed a complaint with the NHTSA, the recall fix is awful!
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

I had mine done yesterday. I talked to the service manager for quite awhile because I had reservations, but I went ahead with it. The pedal seems a little touchier, and it JUMPS away from a light. There is no, or very little, movement before it reacts. Just have to get used to it.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
anthonygobot

Post by anthonygobot »

So I called GM and supposedly the pedal was already fixed and I was told to consult with the dealership about new floor mats. The service manager said floor mats would be sent to the dealership and I would get new ones. Anyone else been told this?
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Thought I already commented on this topic.... probably in another thread! I did not have mine repaired yet AND probably will not, at least for now. Recalls NEVER expire so if it gives me trouble 5 years from now, then that is when I'll have it fixed. Plus with more time passing by and thousands of cars being retrofitted, they'll have a better idea if the recall really worked or not!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
TONY TAT2

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

NO.haven't got my recall done.Weird tho,my daughters car & 2 others were hit yesterday while parked by a LEXUS.Woman claimed her foot got stuck on the gas pedal. Lot of damage to all 4 cars.The police gave the woman a reckless driven ticket. My daughter is driven a 2010 FORD ESCAPE as a loaner. Her LANCER is proably a total,she just got done payen for it a few months back.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
tpollauf

Re: (TONY TAT2)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 » Her LANCER is proably a total,she just got done payen for it a few months back.Wow.. that really sucks Hopefully this Lexus owner has GOOD insurance and you end up benefiting from this accident Maybe there will be another Vibe in the family to replace the Lancer ??? Good luck with ALL the red tape that will be involved in this mess. My wife & I went through similar events TWICE, and it seems no matter what happens, you end up on the short end of the stick. Again... Good luck
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Thanks,Thats how I got my VIBE,my G6 was in a accident,it should of been totaled but the Ins Co had it fixed.The other guy was as fault so his insurance Co paid for the repairs.So I traded it in.
Bikerscum

Re: Did you get your Recall done on your 2009-10 Vibe? (JetBlack09VibeGT)

Post by Bikerscum »

Got mine done, mixed feelings about it. Before, the pedal was a bit stiff.... put some pressure on it, nothing. A little more pressure, nothing. A little more pressure, pedal (and car) jumps. Made starting off a bit jerky. Now, the pedal is really soft, with a bit of a dead zone before anything happens. Both are easy enough to get used to, but if I had to pick, I like the new feel better.
Houston

Re: Did you get your Recall done on your 2009-10 Vibe? (Bikerscum)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by Bikerscum »if I had to pick, I like the new feel better.I have to agree. It took awhile for me to get used to it, but I now like the softer feel better. I deleted my complaint with NHTSA.
09Vibe

Post by 09Vibe »

I dunno about a softer feel, had mine in tonight at the 20K mark cause I had a free oil change coming, they did the pedal thing and now it feels much more compliant actually. Previously the drive by wire feel was a little finicky from idle to get going, almost like a lag issue with the softer pedal. Now it seems there is more feel to the throttle as well, kind of like when the A/C is on and the idle is already higher its easier to get going under torque. I dunno - my thoughts at least, I prefer the 'new pedal' feel for sure.
2009 2.4 Litre 5 Speed
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

She got another Lancer,2010/new ,naturally 5 more yars of payments.I still havent got the recall done on my Vibe.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Heyyy, I just got the letter for that new recall- not the one for the pedal, the one where they modify the floor itself under/around the pedal. Should I bother going in to get it done? I use non-standard floor mats, but I cut them down to size and cut a hole in them so I could still use the floor clip. Then again, the whole "liability" issue...
Houston

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by Houston »

I got the same letter a couple days ago. I also have an aftermarket floormat in there and there's no way the pedal will ever get stuck under it. I will not be making a special trip to the dealer for this, unless somebody convinces me I'd better do it for liability issues.
vibenvy

Re: (Houston)

Post by vibenvy »

I don't want them doing anything as far as modifying the floor surface, however I will gladly take a new accelerator pedal assembly and a new all weather floor mat (assuming it's even any different from the current one).I am going to go talk to my dealer next week and see what they have to say about it. In my opinion, the liability issue is what I worry about. If you don't have anything done and something does happen, you will be on your own. At least if you have it done, you can go after GM if something happens. Just my $.02 though.
jackie879

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jackie879 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I don't want them doing anything as far as modifying the floor surface, however I will gladly take a new accelerator pedal assembly and a new all weather floor mat (assuming it's even any different from the current one).I still don't understand how gas pedals are getting stuck underneath floor mats anyway....isn't that what the hooks are for? I know I have the GM all weather mats and the drivers side mat does not move at all, because, you know, it's hooked in place....
star_deceiver

Re: (jackie879)

Post by star_deceiver »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRexOM1ysK8 about 35 seconds in.There's another (better) video of someone driving and getting it stuck like that (not the purple high heels video).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JT2IKaOdus Damn commercial at the beginning....
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »I still don't understand how gas pedals are getting stuck underneath floor mats anyway....isn't that what the hooks are for? I know I have the GM all weather mats and the drivers side mat does not move at all, because, you know, it's hooked in place.... I totally agree Jackie. Like I said, I am going to see what my dealer says because I do not, under any circumstances, want them messing with my floor, however if they want to give me a whole new plastic accelerator pedal assembly and driver's side all weather floor mat, I'll take 'em !
jammies

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by jammies »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRexOM1ysK8 about 35 seconds in.There's another (better) video of someone driving and getting it stuck like that (not the purple high heels video).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JT2IKaOdus Damn commercial at the beginning....Having personally installed hundreds of floor mat clips, I can attest that they do NOT come out once installed properly. Most will break/crack if you try and remove them. In the video you get a very brief glimpse of the clip closest to the door, and the portion that goes into the floor carpet appears intact although I can not tell for sure.My guess is whomever PDIed this Sienna ( mechanic, recon tech ) did not shove the floor mat clips into the floor carpet grommets hard enough for them to 'click' into position. The salesman should have double checked as well during his pre-delivery inspection...Based on the amount of dirt on the Sienna's floor, obviously the owner should clean his van more often. In doing so, he should have noticed the clip was not secured.I personally do not think the floor mat clips are a bad design, or are flawed, but rather human error in their installation.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Concerning the newest recall.. I mean.. Do they even do anything, said something like its not affected if the carpeted floor mats are used.. Whats the deal?!..
vibenvy

Re: (09vGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jammies »Having personally installed hundreds of floor mat clips, I can attest that they do NOT come out once installed properly. Most will break/crack if you try and remove them. In the video you get a very brief glimpse of the clip closest to the door, and the portion that goes into the floor carpet appears intact although I can not tell for sure.My guess is whomever PDIed this Sienna ( mechanic, recon tech ) did not shove the floor mat clips into the floor carpet grommets hard enough for them to 'click' into position. The salesman should have double checked as well during his pre-delivery inspection...Based on the amount of dirt on the Sienna's floor, obviously the owner should clean his van more often. In doing so, he should have noticed the clip was not secured.I personally do not think the floor mat clips are a bad design, or are flawed, but rather human error in their installation.I couldn't agree more. When I go to remove my GM all weather driver's floor mat from the hooks so I can clean it and vacuum the carpet, I have to use some manuvering to get it off the hooks. It's not like it just pops off easily and it sure as heck wouldn't pop off during normal daily driving.Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Concerning the newest recall.. I mean.. Do they even do anything, said something like its not affected if the carpeted floor mats are used.. Whats the deal?!..I agree, it is quite confusing. I would contact your local dealer and see what they have to say about it. I am using the GM all weather driver's floor mat which obviously attaches to the factory hooks in the floor so I see no way that the floor mat is ever going to come off those hooks and cause the pedal to get stuck, but I also want to make sure that on the outside chance that something does happen I am covered. I am going to talk to my local dealer next week to get their advice on what to do.
trask

Re: (Vulcan05)

Post by trask »

This time they are going to shave the pedal,I went in for my free oil and tire rotation, and they said if I would like to have the latest recall done for the pedal problem I gave them the go ahead. So they shaved the pedal and ordered a new all weather mat for the vibe. I forgot all about the pedal shaving mod, I hope they offer a new pedal in the future, oh well.http://www.autoblog.com/2009/1...ailed/
2009 Vibe GT Sold
2012 Prius Four
2004 GMC HD2500
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ew, that shaved pedal looks awful.
star_deceiver

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Ew, that shaved pedal looks awful.I did that a long time ago... 5 seconds with a sawzall....and it still looks better then those racing pedal clipons...

504162=15246-Vibe011.JPG
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
09Vibe

Post by 09Vibe »

Shaved pedals ? Whats up with that? My local dealer ( Toronto ) did no such thing on the 09, they installed some kind of shim and some other mod to the drive by wire actuation assembly as far as I know. Pedal is still the stock one, they didn't even remove my floor mat nor mention that was even an issue anymore. Seems to be plenty of clearance there anyway. I think they know at this point that this whole issue has nothing to do with the floor mats.
2009 2.4 Litre 5 Speed
kowell

Re: (09Vibe)

Post by kowell »

Quote, originally posted by 09Vibe »Shaved pedals ? Whats up with that? My local dealer ( Toronto ) did no such thing on the 09, they installed some kind of shim and some other mod to the drive by wire actuation assembly as far as I know. Pedal is still the stock one, they didn't even remove my floor mat nor mention that was even an issue anymore. Seems to be plenty of clearance there anyway. I think they know at this point that this whole issue has nothing to do with the floor mats. You are probably confusing the 2 recalls. The one done in the spring was to put a metal piece in the pedal system to make sure the mechanism would not get blocked in the open throttle position.The latest recall is to shorten your gaz pedal to make sure it wil not get stuck in the floor mat.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Anyone gotten the new pedal yet? My car is going in Tuesday. The dealership said that it would take them probably all day to complete, as this is the first one they have done. I live an hour away from home.. So won't see the Vibe until Tuesday afternoon ..