Newbie!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
carbonqueen

Newbie!

Post by carbonqueen »

Hey all, names RC I'm from Silver Spring, MD. I'm new to the forum, but not the scene. I've owned a Vibe for a few months now, and I also own a show Cavalier. Just thought I'd jump on this forum and possibly consider a few upgrades to my Vibe. Just wanted to say hi!
ToolGuy

Re: Newbie! (carbonqueen)

Post by ToolGuy »

Welcome to the site queen!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Welcome to GenVibe!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

pics of the cavy!!! i used to have one... not show but it was hooked up.Welcome to genvibe and hope you enjoy the "plethora" of information.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Welcome to the jungle. Genvibe that is. nuvibe
carbonqueen

Re: (nuvibe)

Post by carbonqueen »

Hey thanks everyone for the nice welcome!!! Here are some pics of my Vibe and the Cav! Again, nothing done (yet) to the Vibe hehe I'll have better pictures of the Vibe maybe this weekend
Mrizzle05

Re: (carbonqueen)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Im back in love with the cavy again!!! i love the look of that one... if i had the money i would still have my cavy. heres a few pics of what mine looked like... i dont have many cuz the stupid ex has my old computer still.My friends 96 civic.. mine in the back.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
carbonqueen

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by carbonqueen »

Nice, your Cav kinda looks like my friends. Cept he didn't have all the graphics nor the door moldings! Mines a pain, I'm seriously tired of dealing with it lol...so I guess now I'm on to playing with the Vibe!
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

thats how mine got... i feel ya on that one.Well it looks good.You have the same color vibe as mine!!! my vibe is my new daily driver/mod car. im trying to keep it as stock looking as possible.
carbonqueen

Post by carbonqueen »

lol yeah thats exactly how mine is. I was thinking about doing a little here and there, but for a daily driver I don't want the hassle of having to fix things. Like the Cav had to go into the shop to get the bumper fixed from a fender bender at my last show...such a pain lol! But I'm just thinking about doing little stuff here and there to make it look more original haha!
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Welcome to GenVibe!Wow, if you modded the Vibe anywhere near like you did your Cav, you'd be up for VOTM in no time! Nice work.
carbonqueen

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by carbonqueen »

Thanks. The Cav still hast a long way to go also. But I guess we'll just see what I can do with the Vibe hehe
tcam

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by carbonqueen »Thanks. The Cav still hast a long way to go also. But I guess we'll just see what I can do with the Vibe heheI'm anxious to see what u end up doing with the Vibe. lol. Ur Cav is sick! and so is urs Mrizzle
Mrizzle05

Re: (tcam)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

thanks... but its so "WAS" mine... its no longer with me...
tcam

Post by tcam »

ohhh, sry to hear that. well it must've been some fun times 4 u.
Mrizzle05

Re: (tcam)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

It was lotta road trips... and car shows... but not comp. shows. but it started dyin on me. oh well gotta a kewl car now. new project
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

welcome! nice looking cavy. personally not a huge fan, but hubby used to have a sunfire (same car and also don't care for them) and he loved his j-body. so i guess you either love 'em or hate 'em (although i don't hate them, just wouldn't have one). yours is damn nice though.... so i would make an exception.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

?What kind of wheel's does the "Unforgiven" cav have and what size? Reason I ask is I can get a .deal on a set for the vibe. nuvibe
Mrizzle05

Re: (nuvibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

They were some eagle alloys... dont know the number anymore, but they were 17's i paid like 400 for rims and tires in AZ.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »They were some eagle alloys... dont know the number anymore, but they were 17's i paid like 400 for rims and tires in AZ. damn, $400 for rims AND tires?? not here....
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Ohh... J-body hotness. Nice Cavy! I used to own a 96 Sunfire GT that I had dreams of modding... never got around to it and sold it for the Vibe... go figure lol...Welcome aboard.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Nice Cav for sure! I used to had two, my first was a 1987 RS and the second a 1998 Z24. Both lightly modded and the 1987 took two trophies in the Stock and Original class, one at a Super Chevy Show.I put 150,000 before trading it in on the Z24. The dealer thought it was so clean, ran great and it did, they put it on the lot and sold it to a local kid! The 1987 also got my my first job and drove me through college. Damn I miss that car...
carbonqueen

Re: (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by carbonqueen »

Thanks guys. Yeah The Cav def wasn't my choice. I kinda got stuck with this one and made the best of it. I'm actually one of 15 with this kit and second on the East Coast with it! So yeah, original is pretty much what I went for. Some people like it, some don't...but I don't gotta make them happy! I'm just hoping I can make the same impression with the Vibe!
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Welcome to the site! As a former Cavy owner I must say yours is sweet!!What do you have planned on the Vibe?
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

It for sure looks great! I too had the J-body export taillamps/backup lamps on my Z24. I also had the rear seat with built in arm rest and head rests. One of a kind at the time! I sold all of that stuff when I traded the car in. I never did show the Z24.Unfortunately I cannot disclose where I got the stuff from... And yeah, who cares who likes them of dislikes them.
carbonqueen

Re: (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by carbonqueen »

Right now just some minor stuff, painting the front vents, yellow tint to the headlights, doing something (not sure yet) to the tail lights, and maybe a system. I really haven't looked much into aftermarket mods as far as the Vibe yet, but I have def started!Yeah I know about the disliking thing. Its just nice to hear good things here. On the other forum (Cav related) people always talk bad about my car. It seems they are the only ones who really dislike it. Oh well, can't please everyone!
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

As someone who also has had their car called "rice" really WHO CARES? As long as you like it that 's what counts....it's your ride, and your cash Can't wait to see pics of your modded Vibe
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)