UNICHIP reprogram questions

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Mavrik

UNICHIP reprogram questions

Post by Mavrik »

I'll ask here since the wife doesn't know. (if she did then I wouldn't be asking) Anyway long story short I bought her old Unichip off her last year for $500 and I haven't installed it. So with threats she would re-sell it on me I now have it sitting at work and am no further ahead then when it was sitting at home. She did not fill out any of the warranty information and mail it in when she bought this so they do not have her purchase on file with the purchase date either. (This part has a 2 year warranty which it doesn't now because nothing was filled in) Further more there is no information in the box regarding were to send it for a retune and there is no paperwork to fill out regarding what mods are on the car its to be tuned for. I've gone to http://www.unichip.us and looked through there and their FAQ are of no help either other then that if engine mods are done then the chip needs to be retuned. They don't list as far as I can tell, an address or number to call to find out were I can get forms and mail the thing to. I tried calling one of their dealers here in Alaska and simply kept getting voice mail.Anyone got any suggestions for me?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I think you just need to either send it to a unichip certified dealer to have it tuned (well pre tuned to what mods you have) or cant you go to a dyno and have it tuned specifically to your car?
Mavrik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

there are no dyno tune shops listed by unichip in alaska. There is one dealer in Soldotna but they are shy and won't answer the phone I guess. Thats still a good 3 hour or so drive from here if they could dynotune... I have no idea.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

dang pretty limited then. Did hope buy it right from unichip with the mods she had pre tuned? i would think if she did you can send it back to them and have it returned for your mods....otherwise, start your own shop and reep in the monaaay
Mavrik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

she won't tell me who "them" is lol The box as a shipping from address but I do not know if thats the address I return it to and the box has nothing in it. And I got a hold of the dealer here in Soldotna finally and they are just a dealer, not a tuner. The guy was telling me one of the salesmen put one in his Vibe GT and loves it. But that doesn't do me any good. I sent a e-mail to the "Contact us" link on the website... but I doubt that will be helpful either.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

that is because i bought this in the original GROUP BUY. do a search under "unichip" on here. and it's been over 2 years now since you've "owned" it for 14 mos now and i had it for a year... 12 + 14 = 26 > 24 (2 yrs)this would be a good place to start: the original threadhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=6971
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ok, after 10 minutes, here's what i got:unichip website:followed by the yellow pages:wow! 3 minutes of research! After 2 minutes on hold (and accidentally hanging up on them) called them back and spoke to a very helpful Joshua. No cost to retune, only cost for shipping to and from OR. Even have it set up in the system and got an RMA # so they are expecting it. total time? 10 minutes.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BlueCrush

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Ummm..just so you know if that unichip was in Hope's Vibe GT it may not work for Phil's base vibe. There are two different part numbers for the Base & GT:Vibe Base: 1020011cVibe GT: 1020015zContact Jack or Joe at info@unichip.us to find out if you can have yours reprogrammed or if you have to swap the GT model out for the base model.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

nope. already been done before. they just retune the same chip. others have done it before on MO so it's not problem.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Excellent! Git 'er dun!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

nice, BC. you're 2400th post
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Mavrik »

I talked to a Joe at Unichip when I finally got a contact number. I told him I had bought a unichip from a Vibe GT and wanted to put it in my base and I mentioned the mods to him that I had. He told me to mail it in, $25 retune fee and they would mail it back. And he gave me the address.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

no matter. you can do what you want and send it to whomever. already PM'd you on NASIOC with the info and RMA #'s. send it to Joe or Joshua. i don't care.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »nice, BC. you're 2400th post Didn't even see that. Sweet!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Raven

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Raven »

Holy Family Feud you guys, don't you live in the same house?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

sorry, we sort of live in the same house. we keep totally opposite schedules.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
iinan

Post by iinan »

unichip is out of hillsburo (sp) oregon. I can prolly get a phone number for you. There is a place near my house called Blood Enterprises who can reprogram unichips.http://www.bloodenterprises.com/menu.htmLet me know if you want me to dig up unichips phone number.
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
iinan

Re: (iinan)

Post by iinan »

doh ! nm I read further down and saw that you got the number already.....
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

already done. and for future reference for anyone else who may need to know later down the road:Unichip of North America2615 SE 39th Loop, Ste BHillsboro, OR 97123(503) 640-7465so far, it seems there is a bit of discrepancy on if there is a charge or not for retuning. Phil was told $25 plus shipping, and I was told no charge. That may be because I originally bought the chip during the group buy.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I was always told there was a tuning charge the few times I inquired about it. Must be because of your group buy like you said.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, originally i was told $35 way back when. however, part of the deal w/ the group buy was that we get one free retune. so, not sure if the no charge was because of that, or maybe he is wrong. i guess we'll have to wait and find out. even still $25-35 is no big deal. it costs $150 for maps for my cobb AP! lol
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
DiveNut

Re: UNICHIP reprogram questions (Mavrik)

Post by DiveNut »

Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i think you have to buy it from them. either way, i think we got it figured out. thanks!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Lancer

Re: UNICHIP reprogram questions (Mavrik)

Post by Lancer »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »I'll ask here since the wife doesn't know. (if she did then I wouldn't be asking) Anyway long story short I bought her old Unichip off her last year for $500 and I haven't installed it. So with threats she would re-sell it on me I now have it sitting at work and am no further ahead then when it was sitting at home.You PAID your WIFE $500 for a chip she has no use for? And you would let HER sell it to someone else after you paid $500 for it? "what's her's is her's, and what's your's is her's, too." Ah?
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

no, it comes all from the same acct. so promptly i would write him a check for $500 which would then be deposited back into the same acct. i was actually going to sell it to someone else, however, since he wanted it, we just transfered the $$ over from his old acct to OURS.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

I'm just giving you crap (lol). I guess, to me it would make more sense just to give him the chip. But if it was part of a bet that he lost, then I could understand it.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

actually, it was a way to con him to transfer the money over towards my downpayment on the LGT. and since i wasn't gonna just "give" him the chip for totally NOTHING when tons of people were going to buy it, then it was his contribution towards my car. however, he forgets the $500 i just transfered to his acct (Cdn acct since his loan is still in Canada and we can't send US funds due to the banking routing info) just last week, i actually already did pay for it lol
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Markt2717

Post by Markt2717 »

i want a chip
no header, K&N Typhoon SRCustom Red Painted Engine W/ Black Lettering, Monsoon Sound Sirius Satalite Radio, Xm Satalite RadioRed Led Underdash Glow/ Spotlight on Vibe Symbole, Red Grill LightsRed LED Wireless Remote Controled Underglowhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2402619