Jahntassa and Ragingfish's Mini NJ Meet

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
ragingfish

Jahntassa and Ragingfish's Mini NJ Meet

Post by ragingfish »

So Jahntassa is up in NJ for a few weeks, and I met up with himthis past Wednesday for a mini meet & greet, but mostly, for some fun car modding. We worked on little projects, for example, re-routing my HID wiring kit out of the way of water, killing my DRLs, working the bugs out of my foglight mod, and rewiring my remote starter to flash all 4 ambers insted of the front ambers and tails.In addition, Jahntassa took possession of my old HID kit which sucked and is currently (as far as I know) doing some rewiring on it to make it more effective.Some pictures: Removing the front end and exposing my (poorly run) HID wiring:Jahntassa's killer amp, cap, and subs. DAMN do they thump! Jahntassa got these headrest covers with his car...dealer special perhaps??Jahntassa's XM Roady setup. Notice the voltmeter directly above the stick. A PIE aux in adapter selector is located directly between the rear and front center consoles, on the floor, but not viewable in this pic.Jahntassa's remote starter timer and alpine EQ controller...Good 'ol Grafxwerks...Main HID harness re-run above radiator...HID controller hidden in front of battery (relocated from inside front bumper)All the pesky wire ties are gone!Looks kinda like an angry animal showing it's teeth...Jahntassa's workbench! Jahntassa rewiring his newly-acquired HID kit to work in his car...He wired LEDs in behind all 4 door handles, and has factory-looking installed tweeters in the rear doors..Mmmmmmm....nav system....HID cousins!The NEW foglight mod:This new mod allows me to control my foglights WITH THE STALK, so no unsightly switches...it also works as it should, allowing me to control the foglights regardless of headlight status. It also comes with an override switch which allows me to switch over to factory operation for state inspections or other needs...Finally, we relocated my remote starter bypass switch. Since i installed my starter in the beginning of the year, the bypass switch has always just been floating around behind the dash. It's now located conveniently next to my foglight mod switch...both are located behind the lower shifter console...not noticeable unless the compartment is open and you're looking for them...More pictures, and full sizes of all, are available at: http://albums.ragingfish.com/hillsboroughAnd a HUGE thanks to Jahntassa for ALL of his help with all my little projects! I still owe ya one man!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
nismo

Re: Jahntassa and Ragingfish's Mini NJ Meet (ragingfish)

Post by nismo »

I have a question. How did Jahntassa get a remote start on a stick. Don't you have to push the clutch in to start the car?Inder Singh
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Answer: Yes! But our clutch switch is basically a starter-kill that just interrupts the starter wire. Technically, an easy bypass. Not all clutches are this way, though, so I was lucky.Lemme know if you'd like to know what I did..I don't like giving out too much wiring information publicly..
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
AKLGT

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by AKLGT »

well, i've been itching to fix my foglights forever. but i've been waiting for you and raging to get all the quirks out. hopefully it will be pretty simple so he can show my dad next weekend. or atleast explain it to him.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

I have the diagram of what I did, with wire colors an everything.. So I can pretty easily sketch it out. We used two automotive-grade relays. One is a SPDT, one a SPST. You -need- one of them to be the SPDT, meaning it has five pins on the bottom, labeled: 30, 85, 86, 87, 87a. Now, you don't -need- the second SPST relay, but because NJ sucks, and does bi-annual inspections, we wired in a switch so Mike can return his fogs to "normal" operation.Before I confuse the hell outta everyone.. tell me how you want your fogs to act, and i'll diagram what you need. Right now, Mike's fogs can be on with ignition, controlled by his foglamp switch on the turn-signal stalk. You can also have them turn on/off with the parking lights, or with the ACC position on the key. And, you can have them return to stock operation with a switch.Lemme know, and I shall provide..
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
AKLGT

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Jahntassa »Before I confuse the hell outta everyone.. tell me how you want your fogs to act, and i'll diagram what you need. Right now, Mike's fogs can be on with ignition, controlled by his foglamp switch on the turn-signal stalk. You can also have them turn on/off with the parking lights, or with the ACC position on the key. just the above. and i don't care if they go back to stock. it doesn't matter here. i just want my fogs to come on when i tell them to, not just when the headlights are on.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Jahntassa and I are having another mini meet tomorrow!Projects to be completed:Fixing of "glitches" in my fog light override modificationInstallation of 4 new sets of component speakers as well as new amplifierWorking on the former "mystery project" that I tabled in late november (details to come later)Replacement of a fog light and attempt to fix dash rattles in the Jahntassa-mobile.Headlight modification which makes headlights ignition controlled, thus allowing me to always leave the stalk "ON" (since I pretty much drive with headlights on all the time)Installation of a "decoy" alarm light...I'm contemplating setting up a web cam focused on the projects in case anyone gets bored and wants to watch...wonder if I'd get any watchers...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)