1.5 or 2.0" Drop?

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
pissedoffgokart

1.5 or 2.0" Drop?

Post by pissedoffgokart »

Hello all, me again. I am planning on getting some 18's for my GT and am wondering which drop to install. Does anyone have any pics of their Vibe lowered on 18's they could post or e-mail to me? I have seen quite a few Matrices lowered but with the different body style it might not be the same...
pissedoffgokart

Re: 1.5 or 2.0" Drop? (pissedoffgokart)

Post by pissedoffgokart »

C'mon people! No one has lowered their vibe????? I sense a consipracy...The only reason I want to know is the Vibe FX say's it has a 1.5' drop with the coil overs, but their is no way that is true. It has to be lower than that!! I measured from the center of my wheel to the top of the fender well and 1.5"s down still leaves about 2 inches of nasty-ness! Anyone, anyone.... anyone know...
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: 1.5 or 2.0" Drop? (pissedoffgokart)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:The only reason I want to know is the Vibe FX say's it has a 1.5' drop with the coil overs, but their is no way that is true. It has to be lower than that!! I measured from the center of my wheel to the top of the fender well and 1.5"s down still leaves about 2 inches of nasty-ness! Anyone, anyone.... anyone know...I believe the Vibe FX may look lower to you due to the added ground effects (skirts).. plus the stated 1.5" drop. That alone makes a big difference.
mu_ohio

Re: 1.5 or 2.0" Drop? (NSimkins)

Post by mu_ohio »

I just measured the gap from top of my tire to the bottom of the fender and it is under 3". The picture FX looks to have under a 1.5" gap, but it's really hard to tell from the pic since the tires and gap space are practically black.
2004 Pontiac GTOPhantom Black w/black leather
savedbyzero

Re: 1.5 or 2.0" Drop? (mu_ohio)

Post by savedbyzero »

did any else notice a camber problem in the back of that rolling orange?
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com