Extra buttons

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
ullbergm

Extra buttons

Post by ullbergm »

Does anybody know if the square blanks next to the rear-window-opener is a standard size, and if so, where can you find switches to put in there?The blanks just pop right out.I'm looking for a momentary close button to wire my garage door opener to.
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
vibegirl

Re: Extra buttons (ullbergm)

Post by vibegirl »

I'd love to do that too!
Abyss Vibe, power package, alloy wheels, 6 speaker system, cargo mat, mud guards and bumper protector!
LocDog

Re: Extra buttons (vwgirl)

Post by LocDog »

just go and take apart ur garage door opener, look and see if the button is connected to the circuit, if it isnt then cut it of and then go to radio shack and get a new momentary button and solder it on. drill a hole in the panel and install the switch. u can probably stuff the rest of the open behind the dash somewhere
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
ullbergm

Re: Extra buttons (LocDog)

Post by ullbergm »

quote:just go and take apart ur garage door opener, look and see if the button is connected to the circuit, if it isnt then cut it of and then go to radio shack and get a new momentary button and solder it on. drill a hole in the panel and install the switch.That was my second option, i was just curious if it was a standard size and it'd be easy to get push buttons.I've already looked at the garage door opener, i'll have to solder the new button on the board, but that wont be a big deal..There is plenty of space behind the dash, i figured i'd just get some welcro and attach it back there somewhere hidden.I'll post pictures when i get done. (might be a while, i dont have as much time to spend on this as i'd like..(
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

quote:I'll post pictures when i get done. (might be a while, i dont have as much time to spend on this as i'd like..Done Here is a picture as promised: btw, its the red button next to the coin holder.The only thing that would have been nice is if it had been a lit button, but im happy with the way it turned out.
[Modified by ullbergm, 7:47 PM 9/11/2002]
DVDvibe

Post by DVDvibe »

Do you have any pics of the install?
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

Looks Good. If the button was lit, would you get power from the opener battery or the Vibe's battery?
Silver Base Vibe with Nav System that I wish had an OBD-II link
ullbergm

Re: Extra buttons (DVDvibe)

Post by ullbergm »

quote:Do you have any pics of the install?I'll take it back out and take some pictures. Pretty simple actually.
ullbergm

Re: Extra buttons (Campbell)

Post by ullbergm »

car battery would be nice, but it'd be a lot harder to do than what i did here.. Might look at doing that later, but i doubt it.