The Absorber

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
rasermon

The Absorber

Post by rasermon »

If you like drying your car after a wash, I would recommend this product over a leather chamois. http://www.theabsorber.com/ I bought one at Advance Auto for $10.00.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
ullbergm

Re: The Absorber (rasermon)

Post by ullbergm »

i agreeit's great
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

I also agree.. and use this product. Takes a little time to get used to (over terry cloth towels), but leaves a great finish!
NovaResource

Re: The Absorber

Post by NovaResource »

Ditto. I've used one for about 10 years.
old man winter

Re: The Absorber (NovaResource)

Post by old man winter »

I have used a chamois for twenty years because fine dirt has less of a chance to get caught in the material and scratch the paint surface. What is the texture of this stuff, it sound like it is absorbs but will it trap the grit.
Vibrato

Post by Vibrato »

Short of disturbing the neighborhood by cranking the yard blower up to blow-dry the car , I use a water blade to squeegee most of the water off. Then do touch ups with a chamois. This approach minimizes scratching and saves time.
MonoFrosty V I B E '03 2WD Auto--moony tunes--powerPimento '72 Triumph TR-6 is the other car.
rasermon

Re: The Absorber (old man winter)

Post by rasermon »

quote:What is the texture of this stuff, it sound like it is absorbs but will it trap the grit.The texture feels like rubber when wet and has a sponge-like pore structure that you can't see. There web page says: professionally proven to dry without scratching.I just bought another one the other day to dry my dog off after a day of duck hunting.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
ou.grizzly

Re: The Absorber

Post by ou.grizzly »

How has this product held up?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
vibedrivermatt

Re: The Absorber (ou.grizzly)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

I have an Armor All branded one and another one which I can't recall the brand name. It really is an excellent thing for drying your car. Its definitely better than a ShamWow.The only problem I've run into with mine was that it got a bit of a mildew smell after a while from having to keep it in the plastic container. I was able to fix the problem by throwing it in the washing machine.
Whelan

Re: The Absorber (vibedrivermatt)

Post by Whelan »

Used them back in our swimming days to dry off quicker when out of the pool. I have always used them on my car. If it falls on the ground, a quick rinse and squeeze and they are clean. It's crazy how much water they can hold. I always put it away damp so it does not dry out. Otherwise they are a pain to get back to good use again.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Blueridge9

Re: The Absorber (Whelan)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Whelan, Thanks for the tip.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
keithvibe

Re: The Absorber (ou.grizzly)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »How has this product held up? I've had the same one since 2000, still works perfectly, just keep the container it comes with and put it away damp.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

i have two of them (bright neon yellow, bright blue) only bought the second one cuz first gotten pretty dirty from wiping things i usually dont, also kinda matches color of car, havnt even washed it yet