Page 1 of 1
GEN 1 Vibe or Matrix WANTED
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2025 4:16 pm
by fizbin
Preferably in really good condition. I'm in Edmonton Alberta, willing to travel a bit or make the right deal work.
DN me
Re: GEN 1 Vibe or Matrix WANTED
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2025 9:50 pm
by Turbobay
Hi,
Please email me maybe we can work something out. I’m not always active here.
Email:-
autoclassic460@gmail.com
Thanks,
Re: GEN 1 Vibe or Matrix WANTED
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2025 11:12 am
by joatmon
The only ones I can find even remotely close are two Matrixes in Calgary, both manual tranny, using
https://www.cargurus.ca/Cars/spt-used-c ... rta_L82493
Re: GEN 1 Vibe or Matrix WANTED
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:51 am
by Svensvibe
this is it! Vibe GT 6 sp Yamaha motor!! see ad above!
Re: GEN 1 Vibe or Matrix WANTED
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2026 7:14 am
by Billgt2003
I know this is an old thread - but topic is relevant to me. My wife and I are the original owner's of 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT (it has the 6-speed manual transmission/Toyota Celica Engine). Its got 250,000 KM on it. We bought it in Winnipeg in 2003, at that point they weren't selling Vibes in Canada until 2004 (it was special order from dealer) - we paid $29K without taxes (has the safety package reinforced bars in front doors and in fire-wall. About 15years ago we moved to the Ottawa/Gatineau area and is rusted out underneath (lots of road salt here), rocker panels are rotten and its to expensive for me to hire someone to replace as I don't have a hoist or welder. when heavy rain, its also starting to get water leak from front passenger side of corner roof. Also small rust hole in drivers side door. Its black Abyss, color. Engine and transmission are working very well, its still on the road and I drive it daily...have always used full synthetic oil and 94Octane gas from Petro Canada (even today at $2/litre) - this engine loves the high octane gas, it idles and accelerates way better. I would like to sell it to someone that is going to re-use engine/transmission...or someone that can do the rocker panels themself. I have 2 sets of rims and rims (both factory alloy rims but the coating is pealing and they all need to be sand blasted and re-coated if you want have them looking good again). Winter tires are practically brand new, (put 5,000Km on them bought last winter). I have the all-season Hankook tires currently on the car. I stripped out my aftermarket stereo and speakers, but I I do have the original stock head unit (CD player and radio work) but its not installed currently. The one issue mechanically is that the throttle body/cable occasionally sticks when I coast and then reapply the gas pedal, its very minor but annoys me...it doesn't do it if you drive continues or keep in gear and doesn't always do it when coasting....if i were to keep the car, I would inspect/investigate but can't be bothered as its time to sell anyway. I'm going to post it for sale in the next few days (I was removing my aftermarket stereo yesterday as step 1). For the right price, I would consider delivering it (one final road trip before I let her go

- Given that its currently plated in Quebec, a Quebec buyer could register it without a safety but it really needs the rocker panel work to be safe.