Engine Compartment Fuse Box Replacement

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
muttleytm

Engine Compartment Fuse Box Replacement

Post by muttleytm »

I have a 2003 Vibe. It has low miles but recently got banged up in the left front corner. Besides the lights, hood and fender the fuse box is now bent at a 90 degree angle. The car is driveable and I can rig up some lights. That fuse box looks like it could cause a problem though.

A number of years ago I had something electrical that wasn't working and for a while it sounded like it was the fuseable link in that fuse box. I looked into replacing it then and didn't find much or it sounded like quite a project. Turned out there was a fuse for what my issue was. It was either in the other fuse box or was labeled so I didn't realize what it was.

I don't know if the wires to the various harnesses plug in somehow or are directly wired, etc. I'd have to bend some metal back do it is straight or put some new straight metal where it goes, etc. I'm just not sure where to start of even if it is worth doing.

I'll take a trip to a junkyard when I get a chance to at least look things over on one that isn't mangled in that area.

Anyone know anything about this?
andrewclaus

Re: Engine Compartment Fuse Box Replacement

Post by andrewclaus »

You can find a workable wiring diagram here: https://cardiagn.com/2004-07-toyota-cor ... m-em0350u/

I've looked but can't find good information on the bottom of that junction block. From used part sites, it looks like everything is plugged in. But given the stiffness and brittleness of old wiring in an area that's hard to see, it'll probably be very difficult. Then add the difficulties of mangled metal.