Good cheap tires?

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
JackWade

Good cheap tires?

Post by JackWade »

Hi, I bought the 1.8 Vibe base last summer, and it had sumitomo tires. Those were installed in 2019 but they only have about 5000 miles. So far they seem good. Surprised no dry rot. I’m wondering though for next year what brand everyone uses. I’d rather not get into the expensive Michelin type stuff.
Last edited by JackWade on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 1.8 1ZZ-FE Moonstone gray with all options such as Moon & tunes package
JackWade

Re: Good cheap tires?

Post by JackWade »

From what I am reading, Cooper Evolution Tour?
2006 1.8 1ZZ-FE Moonstone gray with all options such as Moon & tunes package
jolt

Post by jolt »

Good and cheap do not go together. They are in most way opposites of each other. Value for your money may be a better choice of words. I like General Altra-MAX RT43 tires. They are not a cheap tire but are rated one of the best by Consumer Reports, while being a mid range price. A value buy in my book.
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

I have had bad experiences using cheaper tires. Lately I only buy continental. Cheaper tires tend to wear down too fast and have a higher chance of going flat. The conties last way longer. There's Michelin, Good Year etc...

I order from discount tire direct too. Nice tire website.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Well my 2004 Vibe GT just got new tires today ... BUT ... they cost me NOTHING! At least on the invoice they did list the price BUT I think it may be their cost, not retail cost. I perform HVAC services for this tire company and they offer me free tires for labor trade! Trust me, I have a LOT of free tires coming my way. May have to include certain repairs in the deal at some point as I will never cash in on what they really owe me. Anyways, they got me "KUMHO" Solus Ta51a, P215/50 R17 95V tires. Pics below show what they gave me. So far, the few miles driven on highway home, they are noticeably quieter :) Hopefully they last 60k miles or longer.

2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Back when I sold my last XRS in 2020, it needed tires prior to me selling it. I ended up going onto Walmart's website and find tires and had them ship to store. This was during covid, and my local service center was closed, so I had to have them shipped to another store that was 30 min. away. They weren't expensive at all, but did have a 40k mile warranty on them.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport