1ZZ-FE Supercharger Revive

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Blackvibe2004

1ZZ-FE Supercharger Revive

Post by Blackvibe2004 »

hey everyone, first post. I've been here a few times using the info from the site and finally decided to make an account i see some people are still commenting here figured I would post. I got this vibe a year ago and the supercharger from the previous owner was disconnected. i found the idler pulley that was in the dealership upgrade program damaged (looks like the pulley spun and damaged the shaft.) i just dropped the part off at the machine shop they will be correcting that. i got the new pulley using the part number i found from one of the other members posts (ptr26-12047) Toyota still has them on their parts website. it says idler assy. but it is just a pulley and bearing. i figure i will dump all the information i have spent months researching on and off here so others don't have to do the same as me. i hear a wierd noise from near the supercharger i will cross that bridge when i reconnect it. i found a company Superchargers online Inc. David gonzalez is the guy who runs the rebuild department said for a snout rebuild $285 for the service (they do it) and 159.99 they send me the kit. and closer to 1200-1900 for a full rebuild. he was one of the guys who made the superchargers for these cars so i thought that was cool. hopefully it all goes well. ive been looking at making those idler brackets so other people can still use these rare kits if the OEM or aftermarket wont support it we will have to huh? let me know if anyone knows where that idler assy actually is. if im wrong.
ptr26-12047 for the pulley
Superchargers online 818-518-9889 ask for the lotus supercharger (2zz GE) then tell them what you have.