Fuel leak at Blue 90 degree connector LR 2005 base model

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
bepmoht

Fuel leak at Blue 90 degree connector LR 2005 base model

Post by bepmoht »

I have a drip near or caused by a 90 degree fuel line connector on my 2005 base model vibe. It’s location is under the left rear passenger side. It almost looks like the connector has slid back. I’m new to these connections but I’m guessing it probably has one or two O-rings in it as it is a transition from steel line to plastic tube. It looks like the number on it is 08-GS2 and brand is Sanoh . FYI I bought this car new in 2005 and it has about 265,000 miles on it. I drive it daily. If anyone has experienced leaks with these connections please let me know your experience with replacement or repair. I wouldn’t even know how to undo this quick connector. Thanks.

Photo Link
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB8Nh7
Last edited by bepmoht on Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zbyers

Re: Fuel leak at Blue 90 degree connector LR 2005 base model

Post by zbyers »

Is it running from the filler neck to the tank? Or is it tank/pump to motor?
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
bepmoht

Post by bepmoht »

zbyers:

I updated my post with a link to a couple photos. I originally posted some photos with the original post but I guess I did it incorrectly or the site doesn’t allow it. Anyways, thanks for looking. I hope this answers your questions.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

see step 16 of the attached PDF (from an 03 matrix manual) Looks like there are 2 O-rings in there, not sure how to replace those

While I see some aftermarket connectors like that, it seems toyota only sells the connector as part of a fuel line assembly, perhaps toyota part number 7720902080 (you'd want to confirm that) but if that fits, its under $40, might be worth it, but that's up to you

usually when a picture can't be uploaded it is because of the site's attachment file size limit, can't remember what it is, but its token compared to the file size modern digital cameras produce. Here's two of your pics in a small enough file

sanoh.jpg
sanoh.jpg (58.09 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
Attachments
w140001.pdf
03 fuel tank replacement procedure
(193.13 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
bepmoht

Post by bepmoht »

I’m picking up that assembly tomorrow. I ordered it this morning. Hopefully with the new one in hand I can figure out how to disassemble the old elbow. Tomorrow is the day I’ll get into it as the weather is turning colder Thursday-Sunday.

Thanks for your reassurance about the part I ordered!