Wanted: Pontiac Vibe automatic. Would consider multiple years. Looking to see whats available.

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
512green

Wanted: Pontiac Vibe automatic. Would consider multiple years. Looking to see whats available.

Post by 512green »

Just as the title says. I am am going to need a new (used) car soon and I have made up my mind that I would like to buy a Vibe. It must be automatic and work well with minimal repairs needed if any, as I am not a mechanic. Ideally, I would like to spend maybe 3k or 4k, not really more than that unless the car was really well maintained or has a warranty or some other better features. Ideal mileage would be 100k to 125k (more on this below). If anyone that knows a lot about the vibe or has one for sale or knows someone that has a good deal, please send me a message or reply to this thread.

So, my current car is a 90's geo prizm that I have been driving for 14 years. I guess it could probably make it a few more years, but I feel like it is really time to upgrade to something new. It has 125k miles on it. I did not spend much money on it overall, but repaired things whenever I noticed anything. Last year I spent 3k on it after I got a new job to fix some body damage, old tints that were difficult to see through, new brakes, and a new steering rack. You could say that was a waste, but it did get me to work for a year and at least it appeared to look like a normal car. Plus it is my only car that gets me around for the time being.

If my car ever craps out, I am going to have to buy something ASAP, so I would rather start looking now and spend a few days, weeks, or months finding a really good deal. I see that some people here have 3 Vibes. I saw that in someone's picture. Maybe he wants to sell me one? Anyways, I am in Central Eastern Texas. I would be open to buying from someone anywhere in the U.S. and using a delivery service, although Im not sure of the price for those. I'm also open to taking a bus a few hours away and driving the car back, if its in a place like Houston, for example. If someone likes the cars from this manufacturer and wants my prizm in exchange for a vibe, that would work too, as I am willing to trade it plus $$$ for a vibe. Otherwise I would have to sell it afterwards. I might be able to get 1k for it, as its still a decent car in good shape with low mileage.

Anyways, I figure the vibe I buy should have the same mileage as my prizm, not much more. Like I said there is some time, but I just want a good deal. I'm looking for a vibe that might last another 10 years, like the prizm did. So, any suggestions or available offers are welcome. Just PM message me or reply to this thread. Thanks.