Manual to Power Door Locks Conversion

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
wagonis

Manual to Power Door Locks Conversion

Post by wagonis »

Whats up my mammals,

I bought my 2007 Vibe (base) back in 2019. It was about as base as can be...no power door locks, power windows, cruise control, etc. About a month after I bought the car, I bought all the (OEM) parts for the cruise control and an EASYGUARD cl13-rt0107 power door lock kit. I got the cruise control installed and working, that was fairly simple and worked great. However, my ADHD kicked in hard and I moved on to another project while forgetting about the power door lock kit.

Fast forward to this year and my ADHD is under control which means I also remembered the door locks and started the install, finally.

What I found out along the way and to be honest, I felt stupid for not realizing this before even starting: The OEM power door actuators WILL work with the kit!

After you install the driver side door actuator and the "brain" box as well as run the wires to the other 3 doors, you can install the power door lock actuators from a donor car and boom, you're done!

Installing these universal actuators is a PAIN because they are not rods but rather cables so you have to be careful, but this way you only need to do that with a single actuator, the rest is all plug and play.

Kit:
61r7Zq+j+RL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
61r7Zq+j+RL._AC_SL1001_.jpg (75.66 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
Manual actuator vs power actuator:
PXL_20231205_1528157752.jpg
PXL_20231205_1528157752.jpg (541.48 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
tpollauf

Re: Manual to Power Door Locks Conversion

Post by tpollauf »

Nice work, even though it took you a while to get back on it! :lol: I'm pretty much the same way. Start 10 jobs and lucky f I get just a couple of them done. :roll: Anyways I can relate to exactly what yo went through and luckily, with as many donor Vibe cars out there, you made the better move getting OEM actuators to use instead of the generic aftermarket ones. Here's a couple pics of how I installed power locks into a 2006 Chevy Express cargo van a few years ago. A lot of work BUT all worked out great in the end!

2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
wagonis

Post by wagonis »

Nice work man, that looks really good. Its nice when you get something like that working.

My next step is to install the actuator for the rear door and link that in and also install the window release for the rear hatch. I got all the parts to make it work, now just need to figure it out and also get a button inside to work it all.

Beyond that, I got lowering springs, push start button and the rest of the stereo stuff. Hoping to find a decent header too, but thats impossible these days.
wagonis

Post by wagonis »

Quick update:

While at the junk yard, I also pulled the rear hatch/tailgate power actuator. After testing a bunch of wires and trying to follow the spaghetti maze that is the tailgate harness, I figured out which wires I need to tap in to and how. By this time next week I'll have the keyless remote unlock the rear tailgate as well as "release" the hatch window remotely.
wagonis

Post by wagonis »