revisiting my installation/door lock signal

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Edgecrusher

revisiting my installation/door lock signal

Post by Edgecrusher »

I managed to get a Compustar CS900-AS remote start alarm kit to work on my 2006 Vibe a few years ago. Unfortunately, there are a couple things I never got quite right. One thing is the starter runs too long, but I think I know where I can fix that.
The thing that's more of a mystery is that when I use the fob to unlock the doors it will only do the drivers door. I then have to open the door and use the physical button on the door to open the rest for passengers or to put groceries away in the trunk. I thought I could deal with it, but it's really annoying.

I'm thinking one of you guys really familiar with these cars might know off the top of your head where I messed up. Is it a double pulse system or something? I can't imagine it's anything too wild because I didn't bring up much when I was researching this today.

thanks
SlammedNiss

Re: revisiting my installation/door lock signal

Post by SlammedNiss »

It's been years since I've done remote starts.

Running length is done in the settings.

For unlocking, depending on which wire you tagged, yes, it will require a double pulse (no different than the OEM fob). If memory serves me, to find the correct wire, you have to probe while turning the key cylinder in the passenger door. That will unlock all doors at once. Check your install manual first though, as some manufacturers offer a double pulse unlock in the settings.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
Edgecrusher

Post by Edgecrusher »

Thanks for the reply.

If it takes a double pulse to unlock and I didn't have it already set to that would it unlock anything. I think the thing that makes setting up these things kind of a pain is that I can't see the settings, I have to count flashes or chirps and even then it won't tell me where it's at now. Next warm day I get, I'll check that.

thanks again
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Edgecrusher wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:51 pmIf it takes a double pulse to unlock and I didn't have it already set to that would it unlock anything.
No, it would unlock the drivers door only. Basically it's mimicking if you unlocked your driver door with the key in the cylinder. If you turn it counter-clockwise to unlock the door, it will only do the driver's door. If you turn it counter-clockwise twice within a certain amount of time, it would unlock the rest of the doors.
I'm pretty sure that when I installed remote starters on my ex's Chevy Prizm (aka Corolla) and her 04' Rav4, I just used wires for lock/unlock in the passenger kick panel. Probe the right wires with the key in passenger door cylinder and those wires will unlock everything without a double pulse.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport