2005 Vibe A/C not blowing out of vents

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
gtm

2005 Vibe A/C not blowing out of vents

Post by gtm »

The A/C and heat on my 2005 Vibe blow out of the two outside vents on the dash and the defrost vent but do not blow out of the two center dash vents.Can someone please help me troubleshoot the problem?
joatmon

Re: 2005 Vibe A/C not blowing out of vents

Post by joatmon »

Has it been this way since you got the car, something that may have always been this way but you just noticed, or a new development?

Does the air direction knob move freely? If you switch between floor and defrost, is there a corresponding air flow increase/decrease in those places?

If both of those are true, then perhaps there is something in the duct, leaves, mouse nest, etc. Or, perhaps those ducts got left disconnected when the dash was apart, perhaps for an airbag recall.

If the knob doesn't turn, then there may be something foreign object in the way inside the air box.

If moving the know has no effect on the relative air flow between any of the options, then maybe that control cable got disconnected from either the back of the control knob or the flapper in the air box
gtm

Re: 2005 Vibe A/C not blowing out of vents

Post by gtm »

This information is helpful. Thanks for your quick reply. I have not had time to work on this until now. I will let you know what I find out.