repair/replace hood Pontiac badge

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
sarasvibe

repair/replace hood Pontiac badge

Post by sarasvibe »

Hi!! Am looking for advice concerning the Pontiac hood badge on my 2009 Vibe 2.4L AWD...

A couple of months ago the top part of the badge got detached as I went through car wash. Fortunately i was able to retrieve it with minimal damage as far as I can tell.

What is left still on the car is what is show on the attached photo. Is there any way of repairing the badge?? And if not are there new badges available?? And if so what is the labor effort to do that?? Don't really want to tear apart the entire front end if I don't have to just for a cosmetic repair.

Thanks for any advice.
vibe badge.jpg
vibe badge.jpg (28.12 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Sara
2009 Vibe 2.4L AWD, 193K miles
CA, USA
joatmon

Re: repair/replace hood Pontiac badge

Post by joatmon »

Seems unlikely you'd find a new one these days. You might find one in a junkyard Vibe, but that might be a lot of leg work for little gain.
Some folks here have used grafxwerks overlays for their faded red pontiac arrowhead badges, so you might consider
https://www.grafxwerks.com/pontiac/vibe ... nt--2.html
sarasvibe

Post by sarasvibe »

joatmon:

Yes a few years back I did get the grafxwerks decals to refresh the red color for front and rear emblems and I have been very pleased with them. How they have held up to various weather events have been remarkable. However the front badge physically fell apart.

And since I have decided to hang onto the Vibe for a few years longer I am focusing $$ and resources to prettying things up :)

I did find an OEM badge for reasonable cost, and I believe these badges are just double sided tape applied... will see when everything arrives in the next few days.

I will document everything as I proceed and if successful will share with the community :)
Sara
2009 Vibe 2.4L AWD, 193K miles
CA, USA
Mintycorn

Post by Mintycorn »

Sounds good, if you still have the red plastic bit I assume you could reattach it with some good quality epoxy after cleaning and lightly abrading the inside of the chrome colored part still on the car, and the back of the red part.
2004 Pontiac Vibe base, 5 speed, Neptune Blue, 226k miles
2009 Honda Fit, Sherbet Blue Metallic
1988 Honda Prelude Si 4WS, Phoenix Red
1969 Volkswagen Type 1 "Beetle", Cobalt Blue