Looking for Aftermarket Stereo Recommendations

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
cape3015

Looking for Aftermarket Stereo Recommendations

Post by cape3015 »

Hello fellow Vibe owners.

I own a 2005 & 2006 Vibe and I'm looking to upgrade the factory stereos (both have the subwoofer in the hatch).

I would like it to have Apple Car Play integrated into the unit.

Any recommendations on specific brands/models that you have installed and like?

Looking to spend between $200-300 for each stereo (or less if there are any good options available).

I've been looking at the Crutchfield website for a while but there are so many options my heads about to explode.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
chromelampshade

Re: Looking for Aftermarket Stereo Recommendations

Post by chromelampshade »

check out Crutchfield, see if alpine ILX w650 is compatible, they should have dash kits available if im not mistaken but my year is a older generation. coming from a audiophile seems like these ILX units are your best bet if you're after a simple stock upgrade or using for heavy SPL use.
You can tune high level signal lines (door speakers if not using aftermarket amp) via crossaover, and EQ, 6ch preamp for aftermarket 4ch amp or 6ch etc.. , but its just overall a great double din touchscreen, wired apple car play and android auto. however it is not wireless.
If that isn't enough to entice you, check out the higher tier ILX series such as 407 & 507.
2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD Base "Bass Mobile"
320A Autotech Engineering Alternator
1/0 Oversize Sky High "Big 4"
Optima Yellow Top 55aH AGM
B2 Audio Rage 2500.1D V2 > DDX 10
6th order bandpass series tuned 27/50hz
cape3015

Post by cape3015 »

Thanks for the feedback.
I will look into this head unit.
I did a little digging on the forum and found another post about the stereo system on the Vibe.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Let us know what you end up going with. I'll be installing one in my 2004 Vibe Gt soon and still unsure of which model I'll be going with. Seeing how I'm always loaded with dirt/grease (mechanic type work almost ALL the time) I would prefer a head unit that had a separate volume knob, if they exist. Touch screens are great BUT while driving, my fingers sometimes have a difficult time being recognized and thus can't make changes.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"