Questions about sportier parts, high end performance etc.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Drevina

Questions about sportier parts, high end performance etc.

Post by Drevina »

Hey to everyone, first post on the site but I've been trying to price out or at least figure out what I can do to my lovely 2006 vibe I have, want to put some money into the car (I know it's not worth it but I love this car too much) and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on sportier bumpers, skirts, kits, etc, performance parts, the whole 9 yards. Maybe even engine swapping or something. Finding the more I search the more confusing answers get so wanted to make a posted thread just if anyone has ideas. Sorry if it's a large ask or silly just love my car and want to give some of the love back.
- 2006 Pontiac vibe (Base), automatic
SeattleJeremy

Re: Questions about sportier parts, high end performance etc.

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Hello Drevina, Welcome to GenVibe!
  • What are your goals for this car?
  • What is your budget?
  • Does your car have an automatic or manual transmission?
Quick warning, aftermarket support for the Vibe was pretty limited when the car was new, and hasn't gotten any better since Pontiac was mothballed.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Drevina

Re: Questions about sportier parts, high end performance etc.

Post by Drevina »

Hey there! My overall goal is just some aesthetically pleasing looks and possibly making the car a bit faster and smoother with it's ride, comfort suspensions, some new wheels, some potential engine modifications (which is why I said maybe in a perfect world engine swap with another 4cyl)

Honestly I am thinking 5k budget? Not sure if that's unrealistic or low. I want to have this car for as long as possible and I only recently hit 170 thousand KM on the odometer. Never had any issues and just recently replaced the brakes and a few engine things preemptively.

My major things are that I'd be looking for:
I'd like to get a very low level GT style spoiler
Maybe a new hood (chipped a bit, I know that's ROUGHLY 500-1000$)
New fenders and bumpers
New skirts.
Comfort suspension, not looking to lower the car, love the clearance
New rims, always loved the prototype 5 spoke rims they showed off in the higher end modified vibe from 2003.
And definitely speakers, already replaced my head unit.

My transmission is automatic. My major issue is I live where in the winter it can hit -50 Celsius and where the car is completely fine no issues in the summer. It's starting to take it's toll in winter.

I've already purchased a touch up paint kit, the car is the Neptune blue metallic and in surprisingly good shape for me being the 3rd owner!

Thanks for responding!
- 2006 Pontiac vibe (Base), automatic