Clips and Screw

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
andunn

Clips and Screw

Post by andunn »

Question:

I had some work done on my engine and I noticed that the coolant reservoir is missing a screw and the windshield clips on the left and right that keep it from moving around are missing. Do you know what part numbers these are or something that would work if they are not available that I can put on?

Unfortunately I had my windshield replaced about 6 months ago so I can't say the dealership was at fault for not replacing the the windshield clips, but I can say they did not replace the screw for the coolant reservoir.
Attachments
Wind.jpg
Wind.jpg (186.46 KiB) Viewed 636 times
andunn

Re: Clips and Screw

Post by andunn »

Picture of the reservoir with missing screw/bolt. The bolt attached to the bottom holding the reservoir in place has a number 6 on the head.
Attachments
Res.jpg
Res.jpg (32 KiB) Viewed 635 times
andunn

Post by andunn »

I took it to the Toyota dealer in town and they put the 3 missing pieces on. No charge. Don't know what the part numbers were as they just put them on.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Nice, glad that worked out for you so well. About any plastic push pin that's large enough to fit the hole would work fine. The bolt is most likely 6mm with a 10mm hex head. I actually think over 90% of the bolts on the vibe are that size. I'm sure that's an exaggeration and not to be taken literally, but I think you almost could completely disassemble a Vibe with just that one size wrench and socket.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite