Price for 2.4L with thrown rod?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Kdowning19

Price for 2.4L with thrown rod?

Post by Kdowning19 »

Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum for this question (please let me know if posting in the Classifieds section would be more appropriate).

I have a 2009 Vibe 2.4L FWD. Barely had 80000 miles, drove it a few months and it threw a rod (no noticeable knock at all leading up and all maintenance done but thats besides the point) I've decided to start parting the vehicle out and I've come to get some advice on price points. I'm not looking to knock anyone over the head just for fair value for myself and the buyers. I have a guy interested in the engine and was wondering what a fair price would be given the thrown rod (which also blew a golf ball sized hole in the block).

I'm sure I'll also have some questions on price for various other parts.

Any input or advice would be appreciated more than you know. Thanks.

-K
Kdowning19

Re: Price for 2.4L with thrown rod?

Post by Kdowning19 »

I've also had a couple offers for the whole vehicle. Given the vehicle doesn't even have 90k yet, what would a fair price be for it? I've done some calculating, taking general cost of a new block, adding in general cost of engine replacement, and taking it all away from Blue Book value. Just trying to see if my numbers jive.
Kdowning19

Post by Kdowning19 »

I just wanted to return here to thank the forums and its members for the insightful and educational responses I received in such a quick, punctual, and professional manner. 🙄

Just in case the Emjoi doesn't show like up... e.e
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

sorry K, would have answered if I had any valid input. All I could think of was that the engine was only worth whatever core fee a junkyard would charge on a new one.