seek advice/help

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
salamander162

seek advice/help

Post by salamander162 »

Hi guys,
after more than a year i managed to fix my vibe gt, some family situation , replace the clotch and the flywhel and everthing looks ok but the cruise control don't work, i can heara a leak in the engine but can't pinpoint the location, also the a/c is not cold anymore, wonder if the compresor went bad, or seals leak , i have no idea, any help or advice is welcome
andrewclaus

Re: seek advice/help

Post by andrewclaus »

All of what you describe really need hands-on diagnostics. Many things could be at fault. For instance, I fixed my cruise control by cleaning the switch on the steering wheel, but it took an hour with a meter to find that.

A "leak in the engine" is too vague--what is leaking? Oil? Gasoline? Coolant? Exhaust? Intake air?

You can start with the A/C by determining if the compressor clutch is working when you call for cooling.
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

salamander162 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:15 pm...the cruise control don't work...
Can you elaborate? Does the light on the dash illuminate when you power the cruise control on? If so, what does the light do when you try to set a speed?
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
salamander162

Post by salamander162 »

SlammedNiss wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:25 am
salamander162 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:15 pm...the cruise control don't work...
Can you elaborate? Does the light on the dash illuminate when you power the cruise control on? If so, what does the light do when you try to set a speed?
yes the light come on, and it does nothing when i try to set speed
salamander162

Post by salamander162 »

andrewclaus wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:31 am All of what you describe really need hands-on diagnostics. Many things could be at fault. For instance, I fixed my cruise control by cleaning the switch on the steering wheel, but it took an hour with a meter to find that.

A "leak in the engine" is too vague--what is leaking? Oil? Gasoline? Coolant? Exhaust? Intake air?

You can start with the A/C by determining if the compressor clutch is working when you call for cooling.
i can hear an air leak or vacum leak

yes the clutchworks and when it does the engine rpm lowers

i also forgot to mention that when i start the engine in the mornings it goes up to 1,500 rpm and little by little goes to 2,300 and then it lowers when is hot to 1,000, no check engine light