Recent experience w Royal Purple Max Clean Fuel Cleaner

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
lexicon

Recent experience w Royal Purple Max Clean Fuel Cleaner

Post by lexicon »

2005 Vibe 238K miles.... Ive been getting a pretty consistent 27.5 to 28 mpg since using Tier 1 Costco gas for the last 3 yrs. Starting 3 months ago, my MPG went down to 25 mpg....then in the last month, I was getting 23 and 24 MPG per tank. Air cleaner checked, OEM MAF sensor replaced last year and cleaned, brakes checked for dragging and were OK, tire pressures checked......Idle was steady, no noticeable stuttering at full throttle on freeway.....then ,
after treating 20 gallons of gas w the Royal Purple, my next two tanks and a total of 400 miles driven produced a consistent 28 MPG .
At the rate of $5.50 per gallon , this fix will pay for itself in better gas mileage.
Over the years, I have tried the concentrated Techron product and not really seen any change in gas mileage

My observation.... something in the Costco gas must have clogged the injectors enough to produce the poor gas mileage over the last few months , which surprises me. Ive used Arco gas for many years and never had an issue.
Scotty Kilmer tried the Royal Purple and recommended it..... the stuff impresses me.... I will likely will treat another 10 gallons just to be on the safe side..... The product can be ordered from Walmart or Amazon
2005 VibeAutomaticStockNon AWD125 hp model
tpollauf

Re: Recent experience w Royal Purple Max Clean Fuel Cleaner

Post by tpollauf »

Thanks for the tip. Although not presently having any serious MPG issues (averaging 33 mpg in my 2004 Vibe GT :D ) I will definitely remember this in the event I need to use it. Thanks for sharing it with us!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
SSizler

Re: Recent experience w Royal Purple Max Clean Fuel Cleaner

Post by SSizler »

Yes, thank you for sharing your experience.
FYI, the Royal Purple Fuel System Cleaner is on sale at O'reilly Auto for $11.99 right now.
2003 Vibe Base / Frosty Mono / Moon & Tunes / Auto / 206k mi / Total Loss 1-23
2006 Vibe AWD / Lava Mono / Loaded w/Leather and Sport Pkg / 150k mi
Many other 2 & 4 wheel toys :mrgreen:
40 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids