supercharger or turbo kit

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
MaxRPM46

supercharger or turbo kit

Post by MaxRPM46 »

I have a 2004 Vibe, non GT automatic AWD. Looking for a supercharger kit, but will settle for turbo if I have to. I have seen the discontinued GM Performance Parts and TRD kits, not finding luck anywhere else. Was directed here. Whats out there?
Phoneman

Re: supercharger or turbo kit

Post by Phoneman »

Not a lot at this point.

The TRD supercharger kits have always been rare so unless you can find one already on a car, your chances of finding one at all are slim.

Monkeywrench Racing still shows a turbo kit in their catalog but it starts at $2900 and goes up considerably depending on options.

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/prod ... 08-1zz-fe/

I have purchased small parts from MWR and the products were of good quality and they shipped quickly.

I have no idea how the AWD system would hold up to extra HP.

The only other option would be to cobble the pieces together on your own.
2005 Vibe - 240k
2003 Vibe GT - 117k (totaled)
2003 Vibe GT - 117k
jolt

Re: supercharger or turbo kit

Post by jolt »

Have you looked in the section below titled "Forced Induction"? Click here for link, which has more links for info and build on a tubro for a 1.8L Corolla that uses the same engine as the Vibe. viewtopic.php?t=47788

There is nothing cheap about installing a turbo properly (see link of install and keep in mind how many years ago that was done, so prices have increased from what that guy spent). If not done properly, you will have wasted your money and a Vibe.