2008 door wring/connector different than 2003

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Lawsonland

2008 door wring/connector different than 2003

Post by Lawsonland »

Had to replace the passenger rear door and only a 2003 door was available put it on and found out the 2003 has a 7-pin connector and the 2008 is 9-pin.

Anyone has a wiring diagram for both years?
Why does the 2008 have 2 extra wires?
Thanks
joatmon

Re: 2008 door wring/connector different than 2003

Post by joatmon »

I don't know why they would need more wires going to the back door in an 08 than an 03. On the door wiring harness side, are there wires in the connector, or are there just additional empty pins in the 08 connector? If there are extra wires in the 08 door, can you tell where they go?

Looking at the wiring diagram for an 03 Matrix, so far I can only find five wires going to the rear door. However, the diagrams i have show a connector inside the center pillar (between the doors) and although they don't show a picture of the connector, one of the wires is marked as pin 8, so it seems either we're talking about a different connector, and/or the matrix diagrams don't apply to a Vibe if your 03 has a 7 pin connector.

For the door side of the connector pair, the wires I see are
Pin - Color - Function
3 - Red - One side of door lock solenoid
8 - Blue - One side of door lock solenoid
2 - Black - 12V from Power Window relay to window regulator
4 - Red w/ Black Stripe - from window master switch to window regulator
5 - Blue w/ Red Stripe - from window master switch to window regulator

On the body side of the connector pair, pin 4 is Red w/ Green stripe on the left side, Red w/ black stripe on the right side, and pin 5 is Blue w/ black stripe on the left side, blue w/ red stripe on right side.

If the connectors on the door lock solenoid and the window regulator are the same in the 03 and 08 doors, can you snake the 08 harness out of the bad door and put it in the 03 door?
Lawsonland

Post by Lawsonland »

Hi Thanks,
For some reason 2008 has 2 additional wiring going to the lock
I ended up taking the wiring & lock out of the 2008 door and putting it into the 2003.
Anyone need wiring & lock from an 2003?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Cool! Glad you got it solved
Clam

Post by Clam »

How did you mdsisconect he wiring harnes that plugs in at he body frame? I took a door from a junkyard but have no idea how the white connector connected to the door wire connector. There appearts to be two tabs on each side of the door side connector and one big tab on the side of the body side connector But i do not know if you push or pull the tabs.