NEW MEMBER! Just bought a vibe. Im customizing it...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
TheCamoVibe

NEW MEMBER! Just bought a vibe. Im customizing it...

Post by TheCamoVibe »

Keep a heads up and maybe send me a PM if you want to see the pics and such. So far I've Raptor Liner coated the entire car in camo, camo'd the wheels, upgraded the stereo to a new CD player, added a 4 port cigarette lighter, 2x 7" GPS units (because using your phone isn't all that smart really), a front and rear Rexing dashcam, a radar det, restored the EXPENSIVE headlights, added 120W LED headlights, and repaired the trim. I absolutely LOVE this car!!!
I say send a PM if you WANT to see it. But if its just gonna get a lot of haters saying its not stock (NO! Heck NO its not. Stock burgendy.. uggh) I mean if you have one that color and you love it thats great! You love that car! Im just not a fan of the color. Never have been. So I made it me. Me is obnoxious. I was gonna go withbright John Deer Yellow with red white and black camo, but that would push me towards the whole slanted tires and lowered and all that, and Im not into that either. I like the Army look! Im adding offroad lights on a roof-mounted rack this week as well, and a police style push bar with more offroad lights. Just have to squeeze the mods in between days off work.

Has anyone in here customized one aside from the whole cambered wheels and black rims... I mean real customization?

Oh and I also replaced one of the speakers today. It was a bit more of a chore than I expected. I wasn't impressed with the results either so I guess Ill have to add a JL Audio amp and a bazooka tube. Not after any huge subs like in my other vehicles. Just want a nice low bass and a clear sound. Not trying to do anything close to the graphite DD15 in my van. Honetly Im trying to weane myself away from the massive systems in my other rides. i know its not good for my ears. But the stock stereo (mine didnt have an amp under the seat) sounded horrible.

I should add I bought this car 6 or 7 days ago. So Ive done all that in a week.
joatmon

Re: NEW MEMBER! Just bought a vibe. Im customizing it...

Post by joatmon »

Sounds pretty cool and welcome to genvibe!

Unlike other car forums, we don't bash anyone(unless they do something stupid like glueing nails to the airbag cover) so post up pix!
TheCamoVibe

Post by TheCamoVibe »

Lemme get the light bars on and Ill post some pics :) Gonna need a few days. Real life gets in the way.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

joatmon wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:58 pm Sounds pretty cool and welcome to genvibe!

Unlike other car forums, we don't bash anyone(unless they do something stupid like glueing nails to the airbag cover) so post up pix!
I only did that _once_, and I don't carry passengers. I needed a place to hang my hats.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Definitely post some pics. I'm a modifier myself and generally can't leave anything alone. There's always a better way to build something than what the manufacturer initially created. Thanks for joining up here and look forward to pics ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"