04 gt pcm can i use a matrix pcm?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
grrlinsuperior

04 gt pcm can i use a matrix pcm?

Post by grrlinsuperior »

got a 04 vibe gt,tested or replaced everything posible from starter,ignitio switch cluth switch,crank sensor,all roads lead to pcm in fact the obd 2 scanner cant even do a link...found a 04 matrix with the same engine and also 6 speed pcm-should it work no problems?has the same electrical setup as vibe,new to this..i know they dont need reproramming plug and play..ant opinion appreciated im about to buy one,i hope itll work thanks
joatmon

Re: 04 gt pcm can i use a matrix pcm?

Post by joatmon »

forum says you joined in 2017 but that this is your first post, so belated Welcome to GenVibe!

I can't say for sure that the Matrix XRS and Vibe GT pcms are the same, but I would think so.

Before you drop the money on the replacement pcm, be sure to verify the 7.5A OBD fuse in the hard to reach under dash fuse block is ok

edit - that was assuming your issue was hooking up a scanner. If the car doesn't run, then also check the AM1/AM2 fuses in the same block, and the EFI fuse in the under hood block.