vacuum and fuel pressure specifications.

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Bookworm

vacuum and fuel pressure specifications.

Post by Bookworm »

I'm having a hard time tracking these down. I'm seeing 38-44 PSI for fuel, but zip for what the vacuum should be at idle (to check for vacuum leaks)
jolt

Re: vacuum and fuel pressure specifications.

Post by jolt »

Here, this link may help explain things about engine vacuum: https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/ ... uum-gauge/

There are so many things that can effect vacuum, like altitude, camshaft timing, exhaust systems, etc... that manufactures have not listed vacuum spec's for decades now.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

The 03 Matrix manual (attached) says fuel pressure of 44-50 psi at idle, but I can't find anything about measuring vacuum.
Attachments
onvein40.pdf
Fuel System - On Vehicle Inspection
(37.02 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Automotive engineers (and companies) drive me nuts.

It's another round of "It's a vacuum problem". "Okay, how do you know?" 'we just do'.

Determine vacuum problem: How, measure vacuum at different areas with things blocked off. What's it supposed to be? "Oh, we won't tell you. We just know".
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I think I'll hook up my Mityvac to one of the vacuum lines and use that to give me some pressure readings.