Finding tranny code to buy correct mounts

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
professorjedi

Finding tranny code to buy correct mounts

Post by professorjedi »

Hey all,

So my 2010 AWD 2.4L Vibe started vibrating about a year ago when in gear (went away if in neutral). It wasn't so bad for awhile, but now it's getting worse and even vibrates a little when in neutral.

Cleaned the MAF, replace spark plugs, but no better.

Think I've isolated it too motor and/or transmission mounts. Decided to try and DIY all the mounts.

Problem I'm having is finding the right OEM part numbers. The acdelco site is asking for the transmission MFR number. Does anyone know how I determine what transmission I have. I tried the VIN decoders but I guess the transmission # isn't there.

Any thoughts?

OH also... every search says only use OEM parts, not aftermarket. Has anyone had success with any aftermarket mounts?

Thanks!

Mike
2010 2.4L AWD almost 100K miles
joatmon

Re: Finding tranny code to buy correct mounts

Post by joatmon »

gmpartsdirect.com lists mounts for a 2010 AWD Vibe. It didn't ask me for engine size, don't know if there were 2010 AWD Vibes that didn't have the 2.4L

See https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2010-po ... ne--mounts

a couple of them are listed as discontinued, don't know an easy way to cross reference them to equivalent Toyota Matrix parts, but if you can, they're probably not discontinued
Bookworm

Re: Finding tranny code to buy correct mounts

Post by Bookworm »

To the best of my knowledge, the Vibe and Matrix in the 2010 year were the same. So you should be able to use parts.toyota.com to cross reference.

Might check Toyotanation.com and see if they have a listing.