In need of replacement door seal

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Soloraptonic

In need of replacement door seal

Post by Soloraptonic »

Hey guys, new to the group so hope i hope im posting this in the right place. i have a 2005 pontiac vibe and both the driver door seal and passenger door seal have worn out and begun to leak when it rains. i cant seem to find a straight answer on where i can buy these seals and which ones i need. its the seal that goes all around the door itself to press against the body when its closed. the oem seal has been discontinued. any help is appreciated.
joatmon

Re: In need of replacement door seal

Post by joatmon »

Welcome to genvibe!
For the weatherstrip that is attached to the door itself (not the one attached to the door frame)

It looks to me that the GM part numbers are
88969774 right side
88969775 left side

I don't see any right side ones anywhere, but there is a left side one on ebay for $133 at https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 5&_sacat=0

There is a reasonable probability that the same part from a Toyota matrix would fit, but I can't guarantee that. The Toyota part numbers for those are
67861-01040 right side
67861-01050 left side

The toyota parts list says there are 13 retainer clips per side, for some reason different parts per side, with part numbers
67867-01030 right side
67868-01030 left side

On GM parts sites they all say the weatherstrip is discontinued, but they also seem to say that the retainer clips are included with the weatherstrip. I don't see that on Toyota part sites. How many you might need depends on if the weatherstrip includes them, and if not, how many are reusable after you take the old weatherstrip off

As I said, I can't guarantee the Matrix parts will fit the Vibe. If you decide to try the Matrix parts, maybe buy one from a Toyota dealer, after first verifying that if it doesn't fit you can return it. If it works, then buy the second one with more confidence, and let us know how it turns out.

and a final repeat disclaimer. I think this info is correct, but its your money, not mine, and I'm just a random person on the internet, so factor that into your risk assessment
Bookworm

Re: In need of replacement door seal

Post by Bookworm »

It's a bit of a delay, but by Tuesday, I should be able to park my 2007 Vibe against the 2007 Matrix, and compare the gaskets. From what I remember, the doors are identical.