ABS fuse box ( pic )

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Jedman

ABS fuse box ( pic )

Post by Jedman »

Hi everyone, This is my first post ! I bought a 2010 Vibe last week and have 2 lights on the dash , one is the ABS light and the other is the VSC OFF.
I have scanned the OBD and there are no codes for either of these and pushing the switch for the VSC on and off does nothing.
The one thing that I have found that is puzzling is my fuse box under the hood. Looking at it and comparing it to the pic in the owners manual they are different. The manual shows there is supposed to be a couple 50 Amp fuses on the left side of the box and mine has a clear plastic cover over this area and appears to be no fuses or anything under the cover.
I have searched images of the fuse block online and have seen none that look like mine ?

I am including a pic of my fuse box and maybe someone will understand what I have ?
I cannot find how the clear top panel is removed and don’t want to break it forcing it with a screwdriver.

Thanks in advance for any help on this or if I am barking up the wrong tree with the issues I have. Jedman
E45FB4C5-97BB-4884-A0E2-53BC98675E18.jpeg
E45FB4C5-97BB-4884-A0E2-53BC98675E18.jpeg (397.71 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
joatmon

Re: ABS fuse box ( pic )

Post by joatmon »

to me it looks like the picture of the 2010 Corolla fuse box, as seen at https://community.cartalk.com/t/2010-to ... -on/118587
jolt

Post by jolt »

You need to have a good reader that does the C (chassis) codes, not just a cheap reader that only does the P (power) codes. The codes you are looking for will start with C-xxxx.
With both lights on, VSC and ABS, I would start looking at the wheel speed sensors. The '09-'10 models also had a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) out about the rear speed sensor extension cables connections getting corroded and need replacing if that is the issue. First thing is to have the thing scanned to get the chassis codes. A good reader will show you the signals from each wheel speed sensor.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

First off, welcome to GenVibe Jedman :D Secondly, help us out with more info so we can help you out. LOCATION, is critical. Where has this vibe spent most of it's past 12 years at? Mileage could be another factor. If in the rust belt areas of the USA then corrosion could be part of your problem at any one of the wheel sensors. Was this Vibe ever in a wreck? if so, it may not have been properly repaired OR the electronics reset. I had a bent front suspension cross member and lower control arm, from hitting a curb @ 30 mph during a heavy downpour years ago. Prior to the repairs being made, I had NO warning lights of any sort on the dash. After repairs, the VSC light would never go off. And to think they were delivering the car back to me as 100% completed :o Anyways they had to plug in some analyzer and reprogram something, to where the light went off and all was back to normal. You possibly could have something similar wrong with yours. More info please
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Jedman

Post by Jedman »

I don’t know much about where the Vibe spent most of its life. I know it was in Ohio for at least 3-4 years as I bought it in OH and when I pulled out the rear seat cushion to vacuum and see how much money was there I found a couple of sales receipts from OH in 2018. I don’t believe it has ever been in any serious collision and it has 190000 miles.
I have tried several panic stops from 50-60 mpg and the ABS seem to work fine . The car runs great has the 2.4 engine and the U250E 5 speed auto trans.

The reason the 2 lights weren’t a deal breaker when I bought it is because I can feel the ABS working and it stops quick and strait and if the VCS doesn’t work I am OK with that. I would like everything to work as it should as it is annoying seeing the red lights on the dash full time and I am a real maintenance nut.

Jedman