Where to find replacement oil diptstick: 2009 awd 2.4L

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
aharown15

Where to find replacement oil diptstick: 2009 awd 2.4L

Post by aharown15 »

The oil dipstick has always been a bit hard to read on my 2009 Vibe AWD (2.4 liter)... especially for the younger family members who have inherited the vehicle.
But I'm not having any luck finding a replacement searching sites like Autozone, Napa, Advance Auto, etc. Anybody know where I can get one? I'm thinking almost any compatible dipstick would be better... a little cross hatching or something would help. Maybe it's just that we both have suboptimal eyesight!
jolt

Re: Where to find replacement oil diptstick: 2009 awd 2.4L

Post by jolt »

If seeing the oil on the end of the dipstick is the problem, then roughing up the surface of the stick can help. If you take some sandpaper and rough up the end so it is not as smooth, the oil will stick better to the rough surface of the stick and make it easier to read. You can also do the same thing with a sandblaster on the end of the dipstick. Just make sure to clean the dipstick when you are done so that none of the sanding particles get into your engine oil. This can be like a night and day difference in seeing the oil on the stick.
zbyers

Re: Where to find replacement oil diptstick: 2009 awd 2.4L

Post by zbyers »

agreed with jolt...just add your own crosshatching with a sharp object.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe