TPMS Module location in 2010 Vibe?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Waynosan

TPMS Module location in 2010 Vibe?

Post by Waynosan »

A couple weeks ago the TPMS light on my 2010 Vibe started blinking and staying on... I borrowed a code reader from a friend but it couldn't communicate with the TPMS module at all... all other systems were talking fine (ECU, brake, etc.). It remained like this for a couple of weeks but the light recently went out. I haven't had a chance to borrow the reader again though.

I'm assuming the TPMS module either lost power, has a bad CAN connection, or the module itself is staring to flake out. Does anyone know where it is located? I've googled around but can't seem to find the answer. I do not have the service manual for this car unfortunately nor do I know what it looks like.

Thanks!
jolt

Re: TPMS Module location in 2010 Vibe?

Post by jolt »

The tire pressure receiver module can be found between the drivers side rear quarter glass and the rear hatch glass.

The low pressure indicator module is located in center dash under radio.

You can use Toyota Tech Stream to read sensor ID information so that the information can be programmed back into the new system. You need a TPMS device that is capable of reading and writing the OEM codes to the new modules, which the Toyota Tech Stream is.

Are you sure you do not have a bad transmitter in one of the wheels? That would be the most likely cause of the problem. Costco or Sam's Club would most likely be the cheapest place to have the wheel sensors replaced.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Before you waste money on parts, a blinking TPMS light followed by a solid light means one or more of the sensors at the wheel has died. It just happened to me and I had two go out at once. Sam's Club replaced the two with a flexible rubber TPMS, which is smart in that the rigid ones that came with our (and many other) cars was prone to snapping when tire jockeys rotated and balanced the tire. They also were prone to corrosion over time in northern climates. Simply take your car to your favorite club or tire place and they will determine which ones have finally failed.
Waynosan

Post by Waynosan »

I know it's a late reply but thanks guys! For some reason I stopping getting email notifications to responses. :(